Amp speaker tab - FRFR vs SS PWR AMP

akmojo67

I generally play direct through a PA style setup, so I have always left the tab at FRFR default settings. I tried the SS Power amp setting just to see what the difference is and I think I like the way it sounds better! What is the difference in eq and is there any downside using this setting through a direct setup?

To clarify what this setting does:

FRFR: Use this when recording or playing through a PA system. The effects of speaker compression are modeled and reproduced as though a microphone were capturing the speaker.

SS PWR AMP + CAB: Use this when using a power amp and a guitar cabinet. In this case the guitar cabinet will have it's own compression characteristics which you will like to preserve. You can also use this when using an FRFR system that has "guitar speaker-like" compression behavior.

FRFR: Use this when recording or playing through a PA system. The effects of speaker compression are modeled and reproduced as though a microphone were capturing the speaker.

SS PWR AMP + CAB: Use this when using a power amp and a guitar cabinet. In this case the guitar cabinet will have it's own compressionTha characteristics which you will like to preserve. You can also use this when using an FRFR system that has "guitar speaker-like" compression behavior.
Thank you for the clarification. I am a few drinks in but it just seems to have some extra mojo tonight....may be a different story in the morning. Thanks again for taking the time to answer...you're the best!

Oh, thank you! I never thought about that parameter. I'm going to try what it does with an F12-X200 or a Matrix Q12a. Both they are closer to guitar speakers than the usual PA monitors.

SS PWR AMP + CAB: Use this when using a power amp and a guitar cabinet. In this case the guitar cabinet will have it's own compression characteristics which you will like to preserve. You can also use this when using an FRFR system that has "guitar speaker-like" compression behavior.
What would you recommend if you're using both at same time live?

Back
Top Bottom