amp model authenticity and behaviour

Kwinn

I have a question for the beta testers:

Do the new improved amp models really sound and react to tweaking like their original counterparts? Some owners of both the Axe-Fx and Eleven Rack stated that the raw amp sounds of the Eleven Rack were generally more true to the their original counterparts... - but not necessarily better in terms of sound quality.

Could you possibly share some more clips of pure amp+cab sounds? Some classic amp tones (Plexi, JCM800, Deluxe, Twin, AC30) and a mixture of clean, mildly breakup and crunch would be great. If it's no trouble for you, of course. :)

I preordered an Axe-Fx II from G66, but it may take a while until I get the chance to compare it to the Eleven Rack...

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Kwinn from Germany

p.s.: Cliff already found the time to answer that question ("I think all the amps react like the originals."), but it would be great to have a little more information on the authenicity and behaviour of the amp models.

Last edited:
as always in the end it only matters what you can do with it.

I, for exsample, have a pretty good 'vision' of what a Twin sounds like and I can recreate that with the Axe, but someone else might/will favour a different Twin flavour.
There is no such thing as THE AC30, Deluxe etc, just lots and lots of flavours.

In that case how about this.... (if anyone has the kind of time this would take... and is up for a fun challenge)

Since everyone has different ideas of what different amps sound like and SHOULD sound like...
Can someone record their ACTUAL amp... mic'd... then see if they can recreate that with the axe.
That way it doesn't matter about personal preference and/or variance in equipment.... and yes before it starts, i know, i know, its a different amp that was modeled, cab sims, mic placement, acoustic space... barometric pressure variance :p blah blah blah...

Just a fun wee test.... no pressure... use ur initiative... see how exact u can get it.

Heavy Mractal

G

In that case how about this.... (if anyone has the kind of time this would take... and is up for a fun challenge)

Since everyone has different ideas of what different amps sound like and SHOULD sound like...
Can someone record their ACTUAL amp... mic'd... then see if they can recreate that with the axe.
That way it doesn't matter about personal preference and/or variance in equipment.... and yes before it starts, i know, i know, its a different amp that was modeled, cab sims, mic placement, acoustic space... barometric pressure variance :p blah blah blah...

Just a fun wee test.... no pressure... use ur initiative... see how exact u can get it.

Heavy Mractal

G

IMO it would be a waste of time, this is getting old. Will turn into a pissing match, and we don't really need that... Listen to the recordings Pete Thorn made of his Marsha vs. the Axe-fx, last year... that's a monster thread at TGP, as expected...

All I know is that I got my standard pretty darn "close enough for rock n roll" to my Plexi, Hiwatt, Fargen Miniplex and Twin when A/Bing them. Only differences were minimal due to where the real cab vs atomic were located in my studio and the crappy wave distortions from all the equipment lying about. In fact, the Axe consistently, and I use that word literally, sounded better than the real deal. My Plexi is very Jekyll and Hyde - never know which one will show up when I turn it on.

Mate... ive heard them... i love them... im on board... and have been for a loooong time. And if anyones interested u can find it here peterthorn
If u think its getting old... thats fine ur entitled but theres gonna be tonnes of new people tuning in and getting excited about the axe for the FIRST time... they want to get stuck in, excited and experiment just as much as you did at the start.
Were not all old veterans yet lol... N this is supposed to be fun.... u don't need to love the tone or "start a pissing match" to tell A from B.

It could be cool not to mention fun for the newbies

Love

G

Back
Top Bottom