Ambient, Abstract, and Noise?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
:?: anyone have any good patches for any ambient soundscapes, abstract sounds, random noisey things, or anything kind of like that?

Many of the factory presets are for ambiant and abstract stuff. Some folks have also previously shared some pretty wacky presets (one that comes to mind is ArpegiatedNightmare from I forget who). Were you asking about patches *other* than the factory ones?

rsf1977 said:
:?: anyone have any good patches for any ambient soundscapes, abstract sounds, random noisey things, or anything kind of like that?

I have tons. Quite a few of the ambient ones in the axe-fx are mine, mostly copied from the Eclipse. Unfortunately a few don't sound as intended any more because of updates. What kind of effect are you looking for?

Well I'm looking for patches that sound less like a guitar and more like a noise wash that can be manipulated by playing the guitar.

rsf1977 said:
Well I'm looking for patches that sound less like a guitar and more like a noise wash that can be manipulated by playing the guitar.

if you could give some rough example of what your looking for, it would help.

There was one called something like "Velvet Underground" or similar, it was like an echo modulated with a wah going up and down, that I pretty much liked. I used in a song once, it is the one in the intro: http://www.hhjh.de/mp3/Time%20has%20no%20meaning.mp3 (this was the first song after I got my AxeFx)

Generally, if you don't have one, get an E-Bow (the best device for guitar ambience IMHO).

javajunkie said:
rsf1977 said:

if you could give some rough example of what your looking for, it would help.

I'm not at my axe-fx but there was a patch i downloaded from the editor called "Mars Landscape" or something and that's exactly what I'm talking about. I can check later tonight and find out the exact name but it was Mars something

Check out "Clavious part 2" on Rosettas Myspace page that is exactly the kind of thing i'm talking about http://www.myspace.com/rosetta

Hi,

there has been a cool song with Axe-Fx ambient sounds on the old forum (here) but the links to the patches are dead. The author seems to be a member of this forum too but it looks he is not around anymore. Does anybody have these patches?

Dpoirier said:
Many of the factory presets are for ambiant and abstract stuff. Some folks have also previously shared some pretty wacky presets (one that comes to mind is ArpegiatedNightmare from I forget who). Were you asking about patches *other* than the factory ones?
That's a blast from the past...arpeggiated nightmare was one of my early experimental patches a few days after I got my Ultra. Here's the old forum thread (the old patch is probably accessible via the old axechange archive or in the new preset manager, but may need updating for newer firmware)...
http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.ph ... efx&t=3358

Doesn't sound like that's exactly what he's looking for, but maybe will give some ideas. I don't normally do much ambient stuff, but in general I think the more modifiers you can attach and control the more interesting it can get.

Here are the syx files.

i'm not sure about the distsweep patch. I think it is the electrosweep.
These were made on much older firmware so parameter may have to be adjusted.

Attachments

• angelicechos.zip
    503 bytes · Views: 155
  • diffswell.zip
    506 bytes · Views: 155
  • hell.zip
    398 bytes · Views: 161
  • electrosweep.zip
    493 bytes · Views: 155
  • Earthrise.zip
    424 bytes · Views: 174
JJ they are some messed up sounds, I love it! Might have to try some out. Before I got my AxeFX I never used effects, but I am getting more and more into them, I love looking at how these sort of tones are created.

For the OP, Velvet Sun and Velvet Sun 2 are great presets for ambient tones :)

spence

javajunkie said:
Here are the syx files.

please upload the rainbowaxe-patch also.
I'm in love with your organ-preset aswell. That one's been used alot!

javajunkie said:
Here are the syx files.

These are great!
One of the reasons I was interested in the AFX was because of all the different effects available. I had previously looked at getting an eclipse as I loved all the weird sounds you could get in it (I have a Hawkwind-esque side project so need a lot of the spacey stuff for that).
Looks like you've been able to reproduce some of that with your Axe. (always loved the behind space preset)

Do you have any more patches you could share that I could use as a base to play with? (like the rainboweaxe)

TIA

Back
Top Bottom