almost Glitch

it sounds more like a synth sequencing sound to me, glitch is a little bit different though :)

cheers
S.

I love how you mangle sounds with the AFX :)
Gentlemen like you and Simeon (as good examples) show how you can create some really interesting things with the tools at hand.
I had always wanted an Eclipse so I could do some really interesting soundscaping, so was very excited to see what can be done with the AFX.

I just wish I could get my head around all these different effects so I can figure out how to create all these great 'different' sounds.
By 'different' sounds, I mean usable sounds, as just by playing around with parameters I can do weird stuff, but it's just by accident. I really wish I had a better understanding of effects to be able to drive towards a specific sound already knowing the correct effects to start off with.
:)

thanks for your kind words, agent cooper.

just by playing around with parameters I can do weird stuff, but it's just by accident. I really wish I had a better understanding of effects to be able to drive towards a specific sound already knowing the correct effects to start off with.
:)

accident or not, the trick is to realize you've stumbled across something cool and to save it, or build a sound around it. :)

Excellent Don!! Still I think you need to come up with something that betters your TechnoidVocoder patch..to this day still my favourite patch!! :D

Excellent Don!! Still I think you need to come up with something that betters your TechnoidVocoder patch..to this day still my favourite patch!! :D

hehe, thanks.

I must admit I'm not completely sure how I did the TechnoidVocoder patch anymore. I must have been in Uber-Geek mode. :ugeek

hmmm i would say may be try some ring mod in there and set a modifier to the pitch of it. also some pitch block randomness. i think these patches are cool but sound too sequenced to be glitchy. try using some random control parameters.

hmmm i would say may be try some ring mod in there and set a modifier to the pitch of it. also some pitch block randomness. i think these patches are cool but sound too sequenced to be glitchy. try using some random control parameters.

- there is a ringmodulator in there
- this is not about 'glitch' as a musical genre (although it amuses me to no end that at least two ppl get hung up on the indie genre definition thing), but about the Illformed Glitch VST, as stated in the original post.

Nice Job on both imo.. I'm not familiar with that particular plugin but am familiar with glitch effects in general. I think both are very useful textures and would be very inspiring to play around with for sure.

Thanks for sharing,
Dave

which is just a chopped up pitched down sound.
So anything else isn't glitch, eh?
fascinating.

YouTube - circuit bent glitch jam demo

man, relax ok? not having a go at you or anything. i was simply showing what my general impression/expectation of what "glitchy" sounds like. it's not a contest or anything.... different things mean different things to different ppl. here's some of the stuff that has formed my opinion of what glitch is. it's all good.

YouTube - aphex twin - come to daddy

Hey Don,
I would enjoy messing with the patch and trying some new things, using what you've done so far as a basis.
Would you be so kind as to share it?

Thanks
Scott

Back
Top Bottom