Almost 2 months with no FW update...

I don't think I could possibly be happier with the tones I'm getting out of this thing at this point.

Looking at the wish list excell sheet, man, a Fractal power amp would be pretty damn nice to have. I'd REALLY love to see what Cliff could put into that to really exploit the AxeFX's potential.

Exactly! No more updates gives you more time to play instead of turning knobs. Just like in the old days.
But the knobs are always there... Just begging to be turned... All sexy... They're asking to be touched!

Seriously, though, there are so many amps, cabs, effects and Controllers that the possibilities are endless. I don't need an update to be driven to tweak!

That’s a beauty.
Thank you ! I ve played 3 hours with it, whole appetite and use your 1 album with the afd of the axe . That’s my first one but I think i have done the right choice with these new standards . Some guys told me : buy a tokai , à maybach, Gibson suck blablabla … but no … I want a Gibson if I buy a Les Paul… I won’t buy a lp everyday . I read so much bad things about this brand my whole life, and as a lefty I never catch one, only photos … in 5 minutes in the shop, playing guns song … oh my …. My other guitars are sulking today 😅. That’s a new toy yes .

3B0DCFCC-8B7F-4003-8449-127513A1A93A.jpeg50F90F77-E92E-4FC6-912E-329F09358008.jpeg

I was thinking about a jubilee head too but I will calm down for a while . This head is so beautiful and sound really good. I have tried the one we have in the axe but 😔. We had a small conversation with @York Audio some time ago, he had a killer jubilee at home and said he will be happy to have it modeled by the team if they want . Even the clean channel is normally cool .
don’t think this is a fractal “must do” but …. The jubilee🌸

because hype is hyped by more hype, and more hype and more hype until it becomes a Dumble.
If the ODS HRM model is even a little accurate, then the hype is warranted. It gets a nice clean at low overdrive settings, and sounds really good when you run the input gain and overdrive up, too. I lost a couple hours playing last night after poking together a preset with just that model for everything, running it through the Harry Joyce 4x12 that Cliff shared a while back.

Thank you ! I ve played 3 hours with it, whole appetite and use your 1 album with the afd of the axe . That’s my first one but I think i have done the right choice with these new standards . Some guys told me : buy a tokai , à maybach, Gibson suck blablabla … but no … I want a Gibson if I buy a Les Paul… I won’t buy a lp everyday . I read so much bad things about this brand my whole life, and as a lefty I never catch one, only photos … in 5 minutes in the shop, playing guns song … oh my …. My other guitars are sulking today 😅. That’s a new toy yes .

View attachment 87431View attachment 87432
Over the years, I've had a Sekova Les Paul (a cheap knockoff with a bolt-on neck and what looked like real Gibson T-top pickups), a Burny Les Paul, a real Gibson Les Paul (a Studio faded cherry), and now have a PRS 245. I wish I could've kept the Burny, but I sold it to pay for the real Gibson. It was a very good Les Paul copy, although a little heavy, and it had a great sound.

The 245, despite being Indonesian-made, is the best of them all, though. It has the girthy sound one expects from a good Lester, but is made from nice, lightweight piece of mahogany. The stop tailpiece with intonatable saddles does a fantastic job of anchoring the strings, which undoubtedly contributes to the girth....

0821211202.jpg

Last edited:
If the ODS HRM model is even a little accurate, then the hype is warranted. It gets a nice clean at low overdrive settings, and sounds really good when you run the input gain and overdrive up, too. I lost a couple hours playing last night after poking together a preset with just that model for everything, running it through the Harry Joyce 4x12 that Cliff shared a while back.
100k+ worth of hype for a guitar amp? I think I'll stick with the model, thanks.

I don't think I could possibly be happier with the tones I'm getting out of this thing at this point.

Looking at the wish list excell sheet, man, a Fractal power amp would be pretty damn nice to have. I'd REALLY love to see what Cliff could put into that to really exploit the AxeFX's potential.

I am coming more and more into alignment with that view. Even in my infancy
with these products I am realizing how crucial that end of the chain is. So much of
the end result depends on the power we use and the way that power feeds a monitoring setup.
Those last two bits are SO vital to what we end up hearing and feeling.

Over the years, I've had a Sekova Les Paul (a cheap knockoff with a bolt-on neck and what looked like real Gibson T-top pickups), a Burny Les Paul, a real Gibson Les Paul (a Studio faded cherry), and now have a PRS 245. I wish I could've kept the Burny, but I sold it to pay for the real Gibson. It was a very good Les Paul copy, although a little heavy, and it had a great sound.

The 245, despite being Indonesian-made, is the best of them all, though. It has the girthy sound one expects from a good Lester, but is made from nice, lightweight piece of mahogany. The stop tailpiece with intonatable saddles does a fantastic job of anchoring the strings, which undoubtedly contributes to the girth....

0821211202.jpg
Sometimes mid range guitars are enough , sure, most of my guitar are not very expensive .
i owned a prs Mc carty 10 top a very big model at 5000… and sold it after 2 years . Uncomfortable, the tuning even with added locking tuners was … no markers in the neck … I don’t miss it. Yes it sounded great globally but I prefer already this lp standard . The sustain is amazing . The clean tone with a chorus ❤️‍🩹

Did a thing today, using the 245 and the firmware 16.05 ODS HRM model with HJ 4x12:

YooToob says it sounds like a copyright violation of this:

I disputed it, as I wrote this today. I guess to their bot, all blues songs sound the same....
Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 6.16.57 PM.png

I am ready for Fractal’s take on profiling. I’m not worried about what’s coming next. I watched Men in Black 3 last night. There’s a scene in a diner where they are eating pie. You gotta give the pie time to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom