Almost 2 months with no FW update...

Even the big time Youtube influencers are complaining more and more about the
incessant copyright violations Youtube... errr ....Google.... cites, and how that allows
them to increasingly de-monetize videos.

Kind of crazy when you consider all the data mining Google does and then never
sends us any royalties when they profit from it themselves, or sell it to 3rd parties.

How nice of them. :)

Even the big time Youtube influencers are complaining more and more about the
incessant copyright violations Youtube... errr ....Google.... cites, and how that allows
them to increasingly de-monetize videos.

Kind of crazy when you consider all the data mining Google does and then never
sends us any royalties when they profit from it themselves, or sell it to 3rd parties.

How nice of them. :)
Yup. Pisses me off. Business doing its level best to destroy art in the name of profit. :(

what's next?

more component interaction linking together. like cygnus linked up speaker stuff to power amp stuff and dynamic depth went away and everything got mixed together smooth like heavy cream

tweaking on recto 2 modern today again and still not satisfied with breakup squish with sag at 7, variac at 85% and power tube bias down to ~0.3, it's breaking up right but missing some element of movement in the broken glass. tried turning bias excursion and release time time up to ~10ms. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII * starts laughing hysterically *...so maybe plugging more existing stuff into other existing stuff

Aside from adding more models or modifier potential, I'm not sure what more could be done? Improve audio quality? (Which is already tip notch imo.)

Of course, that may be why I'm not designing amp modelers?

From the outside, the only major game changer I can dream up is creating a system within the existing hardware ecosphere allowing users to quite accurately "model/profile" their own amps with ease (which has been mentioned) and share them with the community. (Same goes for pedals/effects).

At that point, you are at zero limitations and can focus on perfecting software operations and audio quality.

I think every player should have an AF3. Surely there are financial limitations for many, but aside from that, if you can afford to finance it, it's the pinnacle of guitar/bass amplification.

But I'm just a guitar player so I really just know what I would like to see....

onboard impulse response editing/morphing/interpolating, so you can merge one or more into an offspring, trim the length (not preset lengths, a variable knob like in mixIR3), and most importantly (which only one plugin has done so far) slide the IR * inside * the length window. with adjustments like those you won't ever need to EQ an IR ever again

Yup. Pisses me off. Business doing its level best to destroy art in the name of profit. :(

How can a musician/artist make any kind of living? No $$ from any music sales. Live
shows were a no go for a year plus, and are barely ramping up again. Makes me wonder
if the horrific and opportunistic record labels of the past will be looked back as the
glory days----even if they shafted virtually every artist that was signed and was not a
"superstar."

Not quitting the day job anytime soon. :)

How can a musician/artist make any kind of living? No $$ from any music sales. Live
shows were a no go for a year plus, and are barely ramping up again. Makes me wonder
if the horrific and opportunistic record labels of the past will be looked back as the
glory days----even if they shafted virtually every artist that was signed and was not a
"superstar."

I am not against artists getting paid. I am against corporations squashing the little guys by throwing up a crappy shell script to balk at the possibility of something possibly sounding vaguely like an existing work. A human paid go review the thing would at least have recognized that the music and lyrics were completerly different....

"superstar."

Merch was still being sold, just not at shows. Many Patreon accounts were started, plus Cameo accounts and lessons/classes. Sadly everyone needs 3 arts-related gigs if they arent a legacy band and want to eat, it seems.

Merch was still being sold, just not at shows. Many Patreon accounts were started, plus Cameo accounts and lessons/classes. Sadly everyone needs 3 arts-related gigs if they arent a legacy band and want to eat, it seems.
The root of the problem is there are multiple ways to make $ but each industry looks to the others to provide livable income to the artists producing and/or making a place for their product.

It's like taking your car to three different mechanics. Each will blame the other two for your misfortune, and at least two of them will be correct....

Last edited:
Thank you ! I ve played 3 hours with it, whole appetite and use your 1 album with the afd of the axe . That’s my first one but I think i have done the right choice with these new standards . Some guys told me : buy a tokai , à maybach, Gibson suck blablabla … but no … I want a Gibson if I buy a Les Paul… I won’t buy a lp everyday . I read so much bad things about this brand my whole life, and as a lefty I never catch one, only photos … in 5 minutes in the shop, playing guns song … oh my …. My other guitars are sulking today 😅. That’s a new toy yes .

View attachment 87431View attachment 87432
That's is alot of left.

I'm not sure why people ask for the profiling thing a la Kemper etc. I have several amps - real ones - and each has its own character. But I have hundreds MORE amps in my AxeFx3 and along with all the scenes and variations, I have more amps and sounds than I know what to do with. Why would I want to profile one of my real amps, when I can get just as good - or better - out of what is already in the AxeFx3?

The only thing I'd like in the next firmware - and I mentioned this on the other thread - would be some sort of inverse IR system, that can neutralize any colouration that is added by whatever FRFR speaker systems people use. That way, I could nuke out the colouration of my PowerCab Pluses (I have 2 PC+112s) and just hear whatever sound is being generated by the AxeFx3. If I switch to my studio monitors - PreSonus Eris 8s with the subbie - and nuke out the colouration from those, I should theoretically hear exactly the same as in the case of my PC+112s. A bit like the room EQ balancing systems you can get (eg Arc System 3 from IK) - I have that system and have set up my monitors to be as flat as possible. It works brilliantly well. Something done in software in the AxeFx3 that takes most of the popular FRFR systems that people use and has them in a dropdown list that can be applied globally across the AxeFx3 would be most excellent...! ;)

But only after Cliff has had a bloody good break :)

I'm not sure why people ask for the profiling thing a la Kemper etc. I have several amps - real ones - and each has its own character. But I have hundreds MORE amps in my AxeFx3 and along with all the scenes and variations, I have more amps and sounds than I know what to do with. Why would I want to profile one of my real amps, when I can get just as good - or better - out of what is already in the AxeFx3?

The only thing I'd like in the next firmware - and I mentioned this on the other thread - would be some sort of inverse IR system, that can neutralize any colouration that is added by whatever FRFR speaker systems people use. That way, I could nuke out the colouration of my PowerCab Pluses (I have 2 PC+112s) and just hear whatever sound is being generated by the AxeFx3. If I switch to my studio monitors - PreSonus Eris 8s with the subbie - and nuke out the colouration from those, I should theoretically hear exactly the same as in the case of my PC+112s. A bit like the room EQ balancing systems you can get (eg Arc System 3 from IK) - I have that system and have set up my monitors to be as flat as possible. It works brilliantly well. Something done in software in the AxeFx3 that takes most of the popular FRFR systems that people use and has them in a dropdown list that can be applied globally across the AxeFx3 would be most excellent...! ;)

But only after Cliff has had a bloody good break :)
I like the idea, but measuring all the existing PA would be an impossible task. There is much more different possibilities than with guitar amps. Maybe the Axe-Fx could send pink noise, compare what came out and back in, and do the job like a spectrum analyze/equalizer.

Back
Top Bottom