All previous distortion got fuzzy and sounds horrible all of a sudden

how do I adjust and where is the cab block HF roll-offs?

also, I didn't touch anything, is it a known issue that parameters spontaneously change?
In the Cab block (both on each IR and the Preamp page have High Cut)...

But if you didn't change your presets then I wouldn't worry about that.

Try using Input 1 on the rear?

What firmware were you on before? An update can definitely change the sound.

I'll be honest, I don't hear any issue with that recorded clip... Any chance you have a recording from before to compare with?

Have you tried listening to some pre-recorded music to confirm your ears aren't having an issue today?

I don't have any other ideas
I did try the back input already

I was on firmware 22.01, and I didn't update it until after I realized the sound changed.

I'm sure hoping I'm going crazy, I actually don't have anything with my axe fx III, damn, I've been preparing for a new band I'm in and just learning. I have memo's on my phone but they aren't clear

It is definitely not as tight as it was, its got a "fuzz' flavor now,

how do I adjust and where is the cab block HF roll-offs?

also, I didn't touch anything, is it a known issue that parameters spontaneously change?

Here's where you adjust your high frequency rolloff, also know as High Cut OR Low Pass. This control is both in the Preamp Page of the cab block and in each individual cab slot of the Cab Page.

1700769519588.png

Attachments

• 1700769589337.png
    1700769589337.png
    803.3 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for your help, yeah that doesn't help.

It is definitely different, I don't know, I'm going to wait for Fractal support to see what they say

It is definitely different, I don't know, I'm going to wait for Fractal support to see what they say
Support is your best bet. Sorry you're dealing with this weirdness. I definitely notice a weird character in the tone you posted.

The only other thing I noticed is the input sensitivity in your A/D settings under the Input Level tab is at 1%. That's quite low, but I've seen others having to set their input sensitivity in the single digits to avoid clipping the input. I've read that the Axe Fx adjusts itself to compensate for low settings... so I'm doubtful that is the culprit. Good luck!

Thanks,

Yeah, I turned that down to 1 from someone above. It was at 14% which is where the clipping stopped, and that had no effect.

Have a happy holiday

You’re saying adjusting the low pass/ high cut doesn’t help? Just to appease me, try cranking that parameter way down, say to around 2.5-3kHz. That should suck all of the high end out of your sound.

It helped but not 100%, just cleaned up a little of it. I wish I knew what setting exactly causes the fuzz-y-ness as opposed to crisp, tight distortion but I am just an ignoramus with that.

But yes, it did help a little, still not where it was this morning.

Have you ever heard of one of these just breaking and having to be replaced?

It helped but not 100%, just cleaned up a little of it. I wish I knew what setting exactly causes the fuzz-y-ness as opposed to crisp, tight distortion but I am just an ignoramus with that.

But yes, it did help a little, still not where it was this morning.

Have you ever heard of one of these just breaking and having to be replaced?

That’s strange, because the high cut is basically an eq setting that cuts off the high frequencies starting at whichever frequency you select. If it still sounds buzzy with the high cut down around 3kHz, then it’s not doing what it’s supposed to be doing. It should sound quite muffled.

that does actually bring it crisper, especially if I make the High Cut Slope to be 6db. There is still something missing, maybe I have to crank something else up.

Maybe going back down to firmware 22.01 may bring me back or is that a bad idea to revert?

At least I can get this one preset working, thank you very much.

The HF helped a little but there is definitely something wrong, damn. I hope this isn't broken.

I'm going to revert down and do another refresh, although I did this already I'm just hoping because it sounds bee's in my ears, ugh

Are you using Dyna Cabs? There was a little bit of reshuffling them at some point over the course of updates. Could be you have a different cab in the block than what you started with.

Nope, I did try turning them on to see if they worked but no luck.

This actually started before I did the update. I ended up doing the update to try and fix this. I'm reverting back just for the hell of it because nothing else is working

I'll throw out there, make sure your Wah isn't engaging. I was tearing my hair out a week ago with muffled sounds. My FC12 and Expression pedal are in the room next to where the Axe sits. My sons friend kept stepping on the Expression pedal engaging the Wah and I couldn't see him doing it because I was in the room with the Axe.

Hope you figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom