Alex Lifeson Using an Ultra

I'll tell you what else I hear in that vid.

SPACE.

Lots of it.

What happened to poor space?
You nailed it, Matt. Space is one half of phrasing, and phrasing has been taking a back seat ever since guitarists discovered they could do fast lead lines.

You can't judge a piece of music by how many notes it has any more than you can judge a painting by how many colors it has.

just bought mine, (viceroy brown) but a delay in shipping:-( how does it sound & play?

I'd be curious to hear your impressions as I wanted this exact model. The piezo and extra jack were features that I didn't need so I stuck to the regular Axcess. Lifeson's model has different pickups so I'm wondering how they're different from the regular version. Imo, the Custom shop Gibsons really have something special to them.

That said, Roger Water's "The Wall" this past fall was perhaps the best sound in an arena setting I've ever experienced. Just astounding.

Scott,

I tell people all the time two things about that Roger Waters - The Wall Tour - (which I saw at The Garden in Boston, MA last fall):

1.) It was the best show I've ever seen/been to (on just about every quantifiable level - especially the FOH-Mix! Truly astounding!)

2.) It was so good in fact, that I consider the $252.50 face-value ticket-price a STEAL...Seriously!

BTW, think of the respect that Dave Kilminster had/has for David Gilmour's original Wall LP's solos to honor them with "note-for-note" treatment! (Either that or Roger demanaded such attention to detail - LOL!)

Bill

Back
Top Bottom