Alex Lifeson Piezo Preset

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
The acoustic sound Alex get's from his LP is probably one of the best ever. Perhaps we could convince to to share t
his preset? I realize he's put a lot of effort into achieving such excellence and he probably holds his tones as very personal but wouldn't be great if we could benefit from his expertise?

Scott Peterson suposedly has some video of his encounter with his tech, but that never surfaced, and someone at fractal was working on getting the preset as well.

Put me down for this as well- I own an Lifeson LP Axcess and this would be so easy... Where's my man Lerxst? Hit me baby!

Back when Alex was using the Hughes and Kettner zenTera, they put a zip file of all his presets on the H&K site.
Maybe he will put his Axe FX stuff online sometime soon too. Alex is a good guy and probably would be cool with it.

I have a Zentera that is loaded with Alex's presets. I turned my Zentera on recently after not playing it for about three years (you can guess what was keeping me occupied). The presets were wiped because the internal battery is recharged by running the amp (its not a typical watch battery but a rechargeable battery). It was a royal pain locating the Lifeson presets, finding the Zentera editor, finding a computer that would run it and then a midi interface to reload the patches. Now, I'm in the habit of just turning on the Zentera once a month to make sure the battery recharges!

In any case, some good sounding presets.

I have a Zentera that is loaded with Alex's presets. I turned my Zentera on recently after not playing it for about three years (you can guess what was keeping me occupied). The presets were wiped because the internal battery is recharged by running the amp (its not a typical watch battery but a rechargeable battery). It was a royal pain locating the Lifeson presets, finding the Zentera editor, finding a computer that would run it and then a midi interface to reload the patches. Now, I'm in the habit of just turning on the Zentera once a month to make sure the battery recharges!

Put it on a Christmas tree timer to run 10 mins a day.

Really been unhappy with all Piezo patches/tones I have tried.
This would be awesome. How about a factory preset for Piezo's . May be a good start point for some of us.

+1. If not Alex's actual preset, how about a detailed 'how-to' tutorial?

+1

A while back, I posted to the wish list for a tutorial vid showing how to TMA an acoustic guitar.

But I was gunned down by some forumites who said the information was already out there and how easy it was. Coincidentally, none of them had actually done it :)

Richard

+1

A while back, I posted to the wish list for a tutorial vid showing how to TMA an acoustic guitar.

But I was gunned down by some forumites who said the information was already out there and how easy it was. Coincidentally, none of them had actually done it :)

Richard

I lost count of the number of times I was reading "the information is out there. Use the search or google..." when viewing the search results including google.

I'm sure there's more to it, but I have the A.Lifeson Axcess LP & honestly the Life-o-sound graphtech peizo sounds "incredible" on 383 (bypass) I've added some fx & eq'ing @ times, but striaght out it's just sweet.....

IIRC, someone posted that Alex had tone matched from the master tapes and that his acoustic tone was jaw dropping.

IMO, that is what got the buzz going. Not how to dial in a good acoustic tone from scratch (which is all good info... but not exactly about this).

Can I PM you for those presets? I actually own _pete_'s old Zentera, and I still do break it out, but I have not been able to locate those presets.

Does anyone have a link or something that shows lifeson's piezo tone? I still haven't had a chance to hear it. I keep hearing how awesome it is. I tried searching YouTube but just found a bunch of people covering songs.

I started a thread about this back in Nov. after hearing the boys in Tampa, FL. Pretty much the best "acoustic" live tone ever. It really was stunning to hear him get the tones through his Les Paul and I assumed he was running direct through the Axe using the piezo. Matt said he met with Alex and tone matched from the master tapes and that he was working on getting the patch shared with us. Nothing about that in a while but I'm sure it will surface after the tour and he gets time to send it along.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/59898-alex-lifeson-live-acoustic-piezo-tones-wow-how.html

Back
Top Bottom