AITR

Hi !

You may be right ... but ... speaking purely from a live "real cab" / live "FRFR Cab" perspective, it doesn't make no sense to me to use these live as the room you are playing in will already have "its own sounds / reflections etc....." .... so you would be using an " IR with a different room already baked-in " into a totally different real room which will already have its own set of unique sounds / reflections / size etc....... !?

It would be like using a "normal mic-baked-in-IR" with your FRFR and then mic'ing that FRFR cab with another mic for live use .... makes no audio/sonic sense.

Still ...... if people use these live and they like the sound ... then more power to them :)

Where I can see these being used live is for on-stage in ear monitoring and then feeding a "normal" IR to FOH.

Thanks,
Ben
Partly agree in this sense that I'd rather use the early reflections parameters of the reverb block to tame the horse. OTOH on the headphones I guess it must be enormous to have that sound but headphones will not bring the feedback that interacts with the strings like a backline amp would, so to me it's a bit extra-terrestrial but of course a great option to have in some situations.
Will this AITR sound be 'mixable' as a global parameter ?

Totally willing to scrap user cabs for full res on my Mark I
No use to hope for this on fm3, or maybe a cool surprise, but I really don't mind. Would be cool though for the III Mk1 users (knowing that sooner or later I'll make that additional step haha)

quote-A true stereo file that has three or four mics panned across the stereo soundstage sounds different than taking that mix, splitting it into two mono sound files and panning it left and right.

I'm calling bullshit on that.

Prove me wrong.
The first is true stereo. The second is what Rupert Neve called “panned mono”.

I wonder if it would be at all possible to make this space user adjustable.

I could never understand why there's so much space allocated to cabs - I use maybe 3 IRs, and a dozen slots would be more than enough for all my needs ever.

At the same time, I don't care for AITR at all, but would certainly have more presets on my device if I could, and there are clearly people who can somehow occupy the cab slots.

Looking at the ‘sacrifice’ required in order to implement the AITR Into the MkI it seems no brain to me even questioning it…
I can’t see anyone fully utilising all the Cab slots currently allocated, plus the new function seems quite interesting and useful.
Why anyone would ever say no to it? :)

It’s normal that we got some interrogation after this news .
-is the fm9 a born dead product already with half the memory of a standard 3 ?
-do we have space for new amps effects etc ?
I won’t sold the mk1 for this Ir feature, you are hot @Joe Bfstplk 😅.
Maybe we will have it as we had ares with axe 2 standard back in the day, without really expecting it .
The axe 3 cost a lot specially for us outside usa , that’s why it’s legit to tears up a little bit.

I may not exactly understand how the memory being used up in the MKI affects this issue, but maybe there's way to eliminate redundant cabs? Out of 2237 cabs, there's got to be many that sound the same, no?

Please please please donot exclude this from axe 3mk1. one of the user banks can go away it should be the users choice what they prefer. It'll be a shame if this doenst come to mk1.
disappointment would be an understatement.

not every body wants to sell their mk1 to get mk2 when everything is fine with mk1. and most of us dont user 80% of the user cab slots, and even with that limitation we can always reload the irs.

A true stereo file that has three or four mics panned across the stereo soundstage sounds different than taking that mix, splitting it into two mono sound files and panning it left and right.

You lose all the psychoacoustic location of the mic placement across the sound stage.
A stereo file contains two discrete channels, just like two panned mono files created from those same two channels, you don't lose any information when converting a stereo file to 2 mono files and pan them hard L/R. If the latter sounds different you're definitely doing something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom