AITR

8bafe92c762cd8071cb15e8011a486f9.png

I am happy that something happen with the irs as it’s so important in the sound and it’s the culprit of the 2D sound we have most of the time , irs are globally thin like a sound page and make us sound cold . In the sample it just sound like a reverb room block but then they are already « amp in the room set ». interesting .
fun to have this now that I am cuting them at 512 🤦

I remember you writing (and showing graphs of) about early reflections with long IR's, but I seem to recall you not liking them.

Yeah I remember it being a matter of diminishing returns with the IR lengths at the time. Seems that this new format is significantly longer than IR lengths of yesteryear so it's now a completely different conversation, probably.

Last edited:
It really sound like a combo in a room in these sample . Impressive
Dont know what will happens with high gain sound but it’s not for that I think.
turning the length at 512 make the high gain sound better , but for blues stuff etc these new irs can be cool 👍🏻

To me it sounds like something recorded with a room mic. I am conflicted if that is the sound I would want coming out of my speakers when I'm playing since it's not my room.

Interested to see what Fractal is cooking here.

Why are you cutting them at 512? That's going to drop a bunch of the bass response out of the IR. Which is going to only make things sound thinner, colder.
I have found a combinaison of irs that work very well in 512 and then I had a graphic eq to built the rest of the sound . It sound better than my previous preset . I experiment this after fractal said that some irs sound better cut, he was right . But not all the irs . I think I ve spent a day just for it 😅

Back
Top Bottom