AI generated music has taken a huge leap

The point is not whether someone you like uses AI, it's that AI is going to impact the industry as a whole and the ability of artists special to you from making a living as the competition is going to increase exponentially including "copies" of your favorite artists made by others looking to profit from their skill/sound by people who have no actual musical talent of their own. See the viral Drake AI tune. I 100% expect new work by 'not the' Beatles and [insert your fav band] very soon...
Artists SPECIAL to me do NOT have to worry about making a living-some have passed away, others multimillionaires, etc, etc. Anyway, we are going back and forth over the same thing. How about Autotune and pitch correction-pretty much computer generated BS?
Will Chen, I spoke for MYSELF and stand by it. I have no NEW artists that are going to be affected by this. I worry more about the WORLD at large, not the music industry. I am still listening to steely Dan, Van Morrison, Jeff Golub, etc, etc. won't have much affect on them. As I said, speaking for myself.

ACE Studio for AI vocals

That is pretty impressive and of course it will get better. Adding breath and vibrato was interesting. Looks like it is limited right now to a handful of voice types.

Of course it raises the whole “just because we can doesn’t mean we should” argument. Part of me would love to play around with this. I don’t have a good voice and I have never liked it. I have made a joke for years that one day there will be a Robert Plant plugin to turn my voice into his and this is a step towards that. As that gets closer, do I really want it?

ACE Studio for AI vocals
I didn't see a price for this anywhere on the website, only that you had to use your credit card to subscribe for a 'free' 14 day trial version.

I never do subscription based software.

Also, I expect to see Antares (makers of Autotune) come out with something in the near future. They sent out an email to registered users asking for opinions about voice changing software.

Back
Top Bottom