Again- what's Cliff doing now?

I recently played a show where the sound guy saw my Axe FX III and said, "they still make Axe FX's? I thought everyone uses Kemper these days." My band mates like to poke fun at me with that because they know I'm a Fractal fanatic.
Because most people are basic and cannot think beyond some profiles or captures of an amp or turning bmt mv knobs , view fractal as a complicated pricey tool never really understanding the depth of the unit and the abilities. That coupled with fractal not going the influencer marketing way to sell the unit ( which is a great decision imo) makes most people be hyped up about other half -assed gear.

He is preparing to go to war with Kemper!! :innocent:
Meh. I had a Kemper. Never really enjoyed playing it. I’m sure it’s good for some situations but I just couldn’t get into it. Probably bought about $500 worth of amp packs and just couldn’t find anything that didn’t sound like Line 6.

AxeFx III is where it’s at.

On a side note, the Kemper community was the most obnoxious collection of people I’ve ever interacted with.

Meh. I had a Kemper. Never really enjoyed playing it. I’m sure it’s good for some situations but I just couldn’t get into it. Probably bought about $500 worth of amp packs and just couldn’t find anything that didn’t sound like Line 6.

AxeFx III is where it’s at.

On a side note, the Kemper community was the most obnoxious collection of people I’ve ever interacted with.

No less obnoxious than some of the folks here. It’s the same on every forum. I had an interaction on here with someone who said something along the lines of ‘We, as guitar players of taste, have a duty to educate others’. It was the single most cringe-inducing thing I’ve ever read on a gear forum and made me want to smash my computer into tiny pieces. Fanboys/fangirls make us all look bad.

More cat pictures please, everyone.

This fat prick is Jaffa. He always likes to ‘help’ when I am sorting out my Axe/pedals. But I ❤️ him and he knows it 🙄.

Attachments

• 4124B9B9-5E1B-40D3-AD56-B5B3692D1BDB.jpeg
    4124B9B9-5E1B-40D3-AD56-B5B3692D1BDB.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
Because most people are basic and cannot think beyond some profiles or captures of an amp or turning bmt mv knobs , view fractal as a complicated pricey tool never really understanding the depth of the unit and the abilities. That coupled with fractal not going the influencer marketing way to sell the unit ( which is a great decision imo) makes most people be hyped up about other half -assed gear.

Yes I think that this is the main reason. You work with the kemper « like a head » … then people do what others people do, and bands after bands… kemper’s everywhere. They are big bands with fractal, sure, but less. And I still don’t understand why, as the sound in the fractal is way more defined. When you have both kemper and axe at home, you don’t touch the kemper anymore. The product isn’t bad, but no match. Specially in distortion.

I saw rammstein last week for example. The global tone of the band was mad, it was super loud, but the guitars don’t have presence and was muddy in the mix. Like ever with the kemper. All the bands I saw with the kemper, it is the same feeling.
But except the guitar tone, a rammstein gig it’s a real show. Probably one of the loudest gig I saw with ministry, nine inch nails, and einsturzende Neubauten. Even with earplugs, there was so much bass my god, every kick drum goes directly to your stomach. I was feeling bad in the middle of the show.
I just saw Shinedown here in Niagara Falls and I think Zach has the AX3 his tone was crystal clear and cut through the mix and there was not a guitar cab in sight in the back line so he had to be FOH

Back
Top Bottom