AFX II OS 6.0

Radley

Experienced
I am a bit saddened (but not forlorn) that OS 6.0 did not happen for Easter weekend. I figure there are good reasons, so I'll just 'keep a steady groove' until Cliff feels everything is right and 'unloads this beast upon the watching world'....

I just figured it would be a nice gift for us to chew on as we pondered the meaning of Easter - new life/new beginnings....

I think it is safe to say, Cliff will release 6.0 as soon as he feels it is ready to be released. No sooner, no later.

Maybe because on the calendar Friday was is seen as 4/6 which It seems some guys assumed stood for being "For Six"????

But throughout most of the world 4/6 means "4th of June" - so maybe that's when he's releasing it... (Kinda hope not).

It will be 6th June '66 - devilish
thumbsup.gif

Not that I particularly care not having a II anyway!
laughing.gif

Wow, this really surprises me. Why do people think that this 6.0 is going to do something that it can't already do. It can already sound great. This is a tool, Play your other tool (the guitar) enjoy life. This whole competition thing is getting old. I'm glad it didn't come out this weekend, a lot of us folks were serving and I think that it would have been in poor taste. I don't think Cliff would have taken the focus off what's important. Just think it it would have landed on Easter. You would have been away from your family being selfish, upgrading a box and playing for hours meanwhile your family would have been sitting there wondering where your priorities were. Sorry for speaking my Opinion, but it is my opinion, peace.

I'm glad 6.0 didn't come out this weekend. I don't think Cliff would have taken the focus off what's important. Just think it it would have landed on Easter. You would have been away from your family being selfish, upgrading a box and playing for hours meanwhile your family would have been sitting there wondering where your priorities were.

Family over Axe Fx time?? Seriously dude? Your priorities need adjusting buddy! No 6.0 for you!!

Cliff, use this guys IP address to block his downloading privileges at once!! lol

Wow, this really surprises me. Why do people think that this 6.0 is going to do something that it can't already do.

Probably because 6.0 is going to do something it can't already do. You must have missed the pages upon pages of 6.0 amp/tone matching posts. Not that 5.whatever doesn't sound great in and of itself, but 6.0 will open a whole new world of tone.

Just to be honest here folks - there is no date deadline for this update. There is no target date to push it out.

It's done when it's done. It's not a race to get it done. It's a process to get it right and ready. It will not drop before that, no matter what.

Just to be honest here folks - there is no date deadline for this update. There is no target date to push it out.

It's done when it's done. It's not a race to get it done. It's a process to get it right and ready. It will not drop before that, no matter what.

Exactly.

Scott Peterson said:

While I totally agree this is the appropriate reason for Cliff and Co to take their time as they see fit, I am really jonesin for this release. Having the tone matching will be the first & foremost best change, but I'm also really looking forward to better AxeEdit and MFC synchronization. No matter, it's not like we don't already have an amazing piece of hardware/software to tide us over until then. Did I say I was jonesin?

Refresh

Refresh

Refresh

I don't think Cliff has "respected" Xmas, New year, etc. much before, so why start now? ;)
We all know the answer though :p

If you all remember back to the grief Cliff & FAS took over the last couple of firmware & Axe-Edit releases (bugs/glitches/Axe-Edit not ready concurrent with firmware, etc), you'll understand why this one is going to wait until it's fully baked. I would guess that the days of Cliff releasing software to the awaiting masses just to have them turn on him are over. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

*runs and hides*

:)

I'm glad FAS is waiting until it's fully ready. Less problems = less bitching about it on the forum. Lord knows we have enough already.

I think some people here really need to get a bit of a life, you know? LOL. Sheesh. Come on. It's not going to change the world or the way you play or life as we know it. I think some have built up such unrealistic expectations nothing will match or satisfy the FAS lust.

Back
Top Bottom