After Reading the AX8 manual....

1poorplayer

Power User
... all I can say is WOW , and a sincere "Thank you" to everyone at Fractal for creating the AX8.
The time and effort that must have gone into all of it's stages of creation ... from the initial concept , all the way to marketing , had to be astounding. The work that obviously went into the manual , which was written with an excellent hands-on , comprehensive approach , deserves praise as well.
This pedal is a game changer , in so many ways. Aside from Fractal's already leading guitar amplifier tone ; which every player from bedroom novices to world class professionals will appreciate , the AX8's design and functionality has managed to exceed my expectations. With it's never before seen , user assignable , footswitch configuration options , there will never again be a time where guitar players won't have the perfect pedal layout.​
I think it's safe to say that the working musician's prayers have been answered. If you haven't gotten on the AX8 waitlist already , you better get on !

Yeah I agree...I have been playing since the invention of dirt and rarely does gear get me hyped up. The AX8 is certainly an exception...it looks amazing!

I'll second (fourth) this thanks to Fractal. A great team of folks who appear to have put together an incredibly well-designed product that I cannot wait to get my hands on!

I was reading the manual on my plane trip back from Seattle yesterday and you are so correct. It's implementation is beyond what anyone could want. I'm think of having it setup that f1 implements a preset + -. I usually only use a pedal to turn on a drive and delay that's about it. so the other switches will be set to scene numbers. I get mine tomorrow, and I have already got my Trailer Trash board so I'm so ready to get this going. I will most likely remove all of the presets, which I have done on my AXE-FX, I can't wait. And I agree, if you're not on the list get on it fast. I found I have friends on the list, that I didn't even know they knew who Fractal Audio was, I tell them over and over, some listen. I'll be doing demos for months. So maybe I won't remove presets....

I was reading the manual on my plane trip back from Seattle yesterday and you are so correct. It's implementation is beyond what anyone could want. I'm think of having it setup that f1 implements a preset + -. I usually only use a pedal to turn on a drive and delay that's about it. so the other switches will be set to scene numbers. I get mine tomorrow, and I have already got my Trailer Trash board so I'm so ready to get this going. I will most likely remove all of the presets, which I have done on my AXE-FX, I can't wait. And I agree, if you're not on the list get on it fast. I found I have friends on the list, that I didn't even know they knew who Fractal Audio was, I tell them over and over, some listen. I'll be doing demos for months. So maybe I won't remove presets....
I'd love to hear some of your patches. As a P/W guitar player I'm very interested in your tones!

I'll have to record some more. I'll definitely port over my presets for all of my church songs from my AXE-fx. You can have whatever I create, hopefully you will find them useful. I think I have a couple on Axechange already, just search for Scottburrow. I'll put more up there, I'll put up the Axe-fx and AX8 version.

Its funny I got home last night from Seattle and I saw the box from trailer trash and dang it's huge. its a pro series 36x18. When I place things on it, it does use almost the entire real estate. I might add a few pedals in front of the AX8 after the Shure wireless. I'm thinking a fuzz and OCD. The box itself is whats big, so I'll get used to it. I have to remember it's big to protect what's inside.

I bought two EV-1's so they will replace these Ernie balls.

IMG_4012.JPG IMG_4013.JPG IMG_4014.JPG

Hah, my AX8 is going on a novo32, along with wireless, a voicelive and a 200W poweramp I'm designing.

I agree that the manual is great. It's a super slow week at work for me, so I've been reading it on and off. It's about what I expect, coming from the Axe-Fx II and knowing the limitations ahead of time. I think I'll stop caring about the manual in a few minutes and just dial up some goodness when it shows up.

I have said it before but many these boards are getting huge. I went from a PT pro with 3 mission pedals to a 24x12 with 1 ev and a mini exp knob. I plan on getting a PT classic2 and mounting my g50 under it

I have said it before but many these boards are getting huge. I went from a PT pro with 3 mission pedals to a 24x12 with 1 ev and a mini exp knob. I plan on getting a PT classic2 and mounting my g50 under it
They are getting huge, I was going between a 30x18 and 36x18 and decided to be the Anti Larry Mitchell and go 36x18. We will see if I regret it in a couple weeks. I don't play fly dates, and I usually can fit everything in my Ford 150 Cab, so...

Oh man your going to start another war with that video.
Love it! I'm trying to slowly break in our FOH guy. It seems if I have any type of saturated gain he drops me to an almost inaudible level. Of course I can't tell b/c of my in ears but I can see the stink eye from my wife and others in the congregation. Nuts. There is literally more gain in the original songs.
On a side note, lots of people poke fun at a P/W folks but some of the best players I've played with have been P/W guys. Who else can practice 3 to 6 songs as a band once, maybe twice and go bang out a "set" like they have played the songs 1,000 times. Not to mention strange keys, last minute key changes, song swaps and the other struggles that come with the gig. One of my favorite things to do is sneak in a "familiar" secular solo (or a section of it) into a P/W song if it fits. Boston, Bon-Jovi... I even snuck in a few bars of Community Property solo by Steel Panther just b/c the solo wails. Hopefully I'm forgiven for that one. LOL ; )

One of my favorite things to do is sneak in a "familiar" secular solo (or a section of it) into a P/W song if it fits. Boston, Bon-Jovi... I even snuck in a few bars of Community Property solo by Steel Panther just b/c the solo wails. Hopefully I'm forgiven for that one. LOL ; )

Dude that is awesome! Yeah the church Im at likes it loud. I appreciate that they allow it, it hasn't always been that way. Thanks for the kind words.

Wait till you get that board loaded Scott..... I used to roll with a 32x18 board.....get one of those foldable handtrucks you can find at Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart. Your back will thank you for it! And this is coming from someone who at the time was in the gym 5-6 days a week training for bodybuilding!!!

Back
Top Bottom