After Reading the AX8 manual....

Oh man your going to start another war with that video.
I play worship music at a church in Orlando FL. It is nice to see what the AX8 is going to sound like. I've always used amps and always assumed that was the only way to get good tone. I think I am wrong after hearing the video. I think everyone at church is getting annoyed how much I am talking about the AX8. I am super excited to start using it. May be you can share some of your secrets when I get my unit. I hope you post some videos when you get yours. God Bless

Wait till you get that board loaded Scott..... I used to roll with a 32x18 board.....get one of those foldable handtrucks you can find at Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart. Your back will thank you for it! And this is coming from someone who at the time was in the gym 5-6 days a week training for bodybuilding!!!
Yeah I do.
This is the one I have. I have had it for years. Folds down to nothing.
Amazon product ASIN B000KVXC9U

I play worship music at a church in Orlando FL. It is nice to see what the AX8 is going to sound like. I've always used amps and always assumed that was the only way to get good tone. I think I am wrong after hearing the video. I think everyone at church is getting annoyed how much I am talking about the AX8. I am super excited to start using it. May be you can share some of your secrets when I get my unit. I hope you post some videos when you get yours. God Bless
Absolutely any time. when you get it and need help pm me. I would be more than happy to share what I know.

Dude I live in lakeland! you are going to love it. I have used the Axe since 2010. Sound guys (even the ones who don't like gain) love my axe

So, comparing the blocks of the AX8 and the Axe FX II, it looks like the only things missing are:

Vocoder
Resonator
Multiband Compressor
Megatap Delay
Tone Match

Am i missing anything else?

I was quite happy to see that the synth block, multi delay and pitch shifter are still there! (I presume with the same modes as in the II.) That's great news for me, as it's about as esoteric as I get, so minus the limits on CPU horsepower, the AX8 will for me be pretty much equivalent to my Axe-FX II! Maybe better if it doesn't need a fan! (the manual doesn't mention one...)

I simply can't wait to get this thing. Money in bank account, ready to paypal whenever i get the email. The only question is whether to keep my II for the studio and sell only my Liquid Foot, or use the ax8 exclusively and sell both...

So, comparing the blocks of the AX8 and the Axe FX II, it looks like the only things missing are:

Vocoder
Resonator
Multiband Compressor
Megatap Delay
Tone Match

Am i missing anything else?

Quad Chorus
Crossover
Mixer
FB Send / FB Return
MIDI block and Relay block from the FX8

I'll have to record some more. I'll definitely port over my presets for all of my church songs from my AXE-fx. You can have whatever I create, hopefully you will find them useful. I think I have a couple on Axechange already, just search for Scottburrow. I'll put more up there, I'll put up the Axe-fx and AX8 version.

Its funny I got home last night from Seattle and I saw the box from trailer trash and dang it's huge. its a pro series 36x18. When I place things on it, it does use almost the entire real estate. I might add a few pedals in front of the AX8 after the Shure wireless. I'm thinking a fuzz and OCD. The box itself is whats big, so I'll get used to it. I have to remember it's big to protect what's inside.

I bought two EV-1's so they will replace these Ernie balls.

View attachment 28926 View attachment 28927 View attachment 28928

Hi!
I see you are planning to use an external tuner - any specific reason? Do you think the screen on AX8 is too small to see the tuner when the processor is on the floor?

Orlando here too

Hi!
I see you are planning to use an external tuner - any specific reason? Do you think the screen on AX8 is too small to see the tuner when the processor is on the floor?
I've become a big fan of the clip on tuners for the simple reason that I don't have to stand front stage at my pedalboard to tune. The Snark SN-8 and the KLIQ UberTuner are my favorites so far.

I've become a big fan of the clip on tuners for the simple reason that I don't have to stand front stage at my pedalboard to tune. The Snark SN-8 and the KLIQ UberTuner are my favorites so far.

I like the Snark too. Handy little piece. I sure am glad to see the AX8 has a tuner though. User configurable - of course. I'll have mine set to mute.

i'd really like to use clip on tuners, but i haven't had luck tuning accurately with them, and there's so little room on the Majesty headstock to actually put one on hah.

They don't take Paypal. Major credit cards.

I wish they did though.. I know Paypal Sucks.. but I have USD sitting there burning a hole in my own Paypal.

PayPal does a Debit card that works off your PayPal balance... costs nothing... works like a champ.. so you can indeed use PayPal with FAS.

Been a PayPal user since 2002... I had my account hacked once.. they fixed me up quick and painless. not a problem since.

Clip-on tuners work well, but not well if the band is playing (loud.)
There's nothing like the rush of playing loud until you go to bed with your ears ringing. Thanks to IEMs I can make it loud in my ears without damaging them. Be careful...

Hi!
I will be using the Shure GLXD4 wireless tuner, but I would definitely use the tuner on the Ax8, the screen is plenty big enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom