Aerosol

Axe-Master
The old Lexicon MPX-1 has a great sounding chorus mode called "Aerosol" that i've been enjoying. This patch and block is my first attempt at recreating it. Play around with the LFO 1 depth, speed and duty cycle as well as the master chorus depth and rate for some modulation fun!

Attachments

• Aerosol_20210421_133211.blk
    1.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Aerosol.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 55
nice one! the original aerosol preset in the lexicon vortex had envelope attached to the rate of the two lfo's. more envelope level = more lfo speed. having a subtle variation in speed is nice and expressive. easy to use the master lfo rate for this, as it will adjust both lfo's at the same time.

nice one! the original aerosol preset in the lexicon vortex had envelope attached to the rate of the two lfo's. more envelope level = more lfo speed. having a subtle variation in speed is nice and expressive. easy to use the master lfo rate for this, as it will adjust both lfo's at the same time.
Ooooh I'm trying this now and it's a lovely addition.

The vortex seems like one of those forgotten gems.

yeah that and the orginal lexicon jamman. i had both at one time (actually 2 jammen for stereo). funky little units. the vortex was just so weird though - every preset had envelope tied to something and you could morph between presets, which would create some wild sounds as the parameters were actually adjusted in real time. it's a shame the MPX-1 doesn't have envelope attached to the same parameters by default, but you can check out what's what in the vortex manual, as it explains all of the presets. https://lexiconpro.com/en/products/vortex
one of the problems with both units were they were in a rack format, but designed to run at instrument level, rather than line level, which created a bit of a problem with gain staging!

yeah that and the orginal lexicon jamman. i had both at one time (actually 2 jammen for stereo). funky little units. the vortex was just so weird though - every preset had envelope tied to something and you could morph between presets, which would create some wild sounds as the parameters were actually adjusted in real time. it's a shame the MPX-1 doesn't have envelope attached to the same parameters by default, but you can check out what's what in the vortex manual, as it explains all of the presets. https://lexiconpro.com/en/products/vortex
one of the problems with both units were they were in a rack format, but designed to run at instrument level, rather than line level, which created a bit of a problem with gain staging!
Simeon, do you think it’s possible to clone the algorithm from the Vortex ? I had one and if I remember well the algos were detailed in the manual

i think it would be difficult. certainly without the original unit. i think the best way to do it is this. download the vortex manual from the lexicon site. compare the layout of an algorithm that exists in the vortex with it's counterpart in the mpx-1 and see if they're similar. if so, then clone the mpx-1 preset, but attach envelope to the relevant parameters as described in the vortex manual. i remember that the vortex presets didn't really sound that similar to the mpx-1 presets, but that might just be the envelope stuff in the vortex preset. if you had the vortex itself, you might be able to tweak the mpx-1 presets closer, but it's a very unique processor. leon had a go with aerosol, so maybe he might have a crack at the others

Back
Top Bottom