advice needed: anyone else getting pops when engaging their drive blocks?

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
i started using the drive block with my clean amp block (eg running a zendrive into a double verb) and notice a loud pop whenever the drive block is engaged.
the noise is not apparent when running the drive block into overdriven amp blocks (eg no popping when running into an overdriven bassman).
appreciate any advice..

Someone please post a preset that exhibits this behavior. The only thing that changed was the addition of the Sample Rate Reduction. I suspect it has to with that.

I Get pops everytime i change a preset, but im still on the firmware thats before 7 so i hope the 7 will fix it

I think fractal should only focus on bug fixes and stability problems and axe edit for awhile now, thats more important than adding new amps etc

It's weird but I'm getting this too.
I'm on V.7.0 with mfc updatet software and without axe edit.
It happens like this.
I play for one or two hours ... then without a warning the sound changes ... it sounds darker and kind of thin.
then when i engage the drive it produces a pop sound. It produces the same pop sound if I engage the Tuner.
I then have to change the preset. If I return to the pevious preset the pop sound switching the drive and tuner on is gone and the sound is normal again.
Has anybody any idea?

I've already fixed this for the next firmware.

That's great! What is the cause of these pops? Would be good to know because I am getting these same annoying pops when switching between Amp X and Y. I am still on FW5.07 but will switch to 7 soon. Hope these amp X/Y pops are also gone in FW7

Cliff for president!! :)
In my case, it was a preset from 6.02.
I did a firmware reset, but pops still there.
I changed every block to another and back ... still pos after playing a while.
Then I walked through every single block in the chain and rebuild from scatch.
I think it might has something to do with the multidelay. (in my case)
Until now ... no more pops. let's see if this was the solution.
good luck to everyone. I had to play two big open air shows with small "pop" issues ;-)

Back
Top Bottom