Advice about headphones for FM3

Deftones115

Would these be good for the fm3? asking for a friend who just bought an fm3 very recently.

Attachments

• 8CD3635C-3ED9-45C9-A1CB-ECCCA2BAA7AA.png
    8CD3635C-3ED9-45C9-A1CB-ECCCA2BAA7AA.png
    2 MB · Views: 37
Oh it’s you lol and actually whoever recommended these headphones misunderstood my words. If you don’t mind helping me out sir, what would be some very high quality open back headphones for the fm3 or axe fx 3? Sweetwater recommended me the Shure 1840 or Akg k701 but let me hear me what you have to say.

These are the Ultraphones High Isolation. They consist of a SONY 7506 mounted in a hearing protection muff.

Does you friend need hearing protection?

Reactions: HIO
Oh it’s you lol and actually whoever recommended these headphones misunderstood my words. If you don’t mind helping me out sir, what would be some very high quality open back headphones for the fm3 or axe fx 3? Sweetwater recommended me the Shure 1840 or Akg k701 but let me hear me what you have to say.

If he really needs very high quality, I would recommend the Audeze LCD-2. I've been using them for more than 10 years, and they beat any of the recommended and popular studio headphones. They are expensive, but I've tried most of them, and they are the only ones that accurately translate what I hear through the studio monitors

How are they with axe fx 3? and how much ohms does the headphones have?

The impedance of the LCD-2 is 70 Ohm. No problem driving them with the Axe-FX III, and the FM3 has the same headphone amplifier output as the Axe-FX

They are perfect, since they translate what I hear at the headphones to the studio monitors (I am using Mackie HR824 and Genelec studio monitors). I've spent a lot of money with headphones, much more than the cost of the Audeze, and now they are the only ones that I keep. If I knew that since the beginning, I would have saved a lot of money and time.

The only issue is that they are not small, but I got used to it

The impedance of the LCD-2 is 70 Ohm. No problem driving them with the Axe-FX III, and the FM3 has the same headphone amplifier output as the Axe-FX

They are perfect, since they translate what I hear at the headphones to the studio monitors (I am using Mackie HR824 and Genelec studio monitors). I've spent a lot of money with headphones, much more than the cost of the Audeze, and now they are the only ones that I keep. If I knew that since the beginning, I would have saved a lot of money and time.

The only issue is that they are not small, but I got used to it
Oh wow! Thanks man! What would be best to get for let’s say $230 to $300?

I use HD6xx Sennheiser open back headphones with an with an Emotiva A-100 headphone amp - blow your mind

A Little Dot III tube amp would work well also - dont cheap out on an amp

Just sold Little Dot III never made it to buyer - USPS hosed me 4 weeks later still no reply where it is - had to refund ebay buyer :(

I use HD6xx Sennheiser open back headphones with an with an Emotiva A-100 headphone amp - blow your mind

A Little Dot III tube amp would work well also - dont cheap out on an amp

Just sold Little Dot III never made it to buyer - USPS hosed me 4 weeks later still no reply where it is - had to refund ebay buyer :(
Ty and sorry to hear that :/

Back
Top Bottom