Wish Additional Option: 2nd Press Prev. Scene

NaturalScience

Inspired
In the FC functions, would it be possible to add an option for the "2nd Press Prev. Scene" option that does the following:

1. Monitors the state of the current scene. (If this can't be done, the edited preset state may also work to some degree)
2. If the scene has not changed, then utilize the usual "On" behavior, i.e., return to the previous scene.
3. If the scene has changed, revert to the saved state of the current scene and do not return to the previous scene.
3a. The next press would then revert back to the previous scene as long as the current scene is not edited in the interim.

I typically like a way to return back "home" to a given scene. Sometimes I may switch on certain effects and want to revert the scene to its saved state with one button press. However, the 2nd Press option is so handy, it would be great if these two behaviors could coexist without having to take up extra button or hold functions.

This option would allow us to do rapid toggling between a verse/chorus sound (normal behavior) and still have a way to get back home if we've instead used a scene in a more freestyle manner (optional behavior).

Wasn't this added a while ago? I know I had it set on my FM3/FM9, but I'll have to double check if it's on the FC12/AxeFX

Wasn't this added a while ago? I know I had it set on my FM3/FM9, but I'll have to double check if it's on the FC12/AxeFX
He's asking for a feature that reverts the current scene to its saved state if any changes were made. If no changes were made to the current scene, the 2nd Press Previous Scene function would work as it is now.

I don't see how this could be accomplished within the 2nd Press Previous Scene function. Another form of the wish could be having a mode that if you reselect the current scene with Scene Revert on, it would reload the saved state of the scene. Presets kind of work this way; if you turn blocks on/off, when you select the same preset again the changes are discarded and revert to their original saved states.

Presets kind of work this way; if you turn blocks on/off, when you select the same preset again the changes are discarded and revert to their original saved states.
Exactly, and admittedly what I'm asking for is probably more useful for kitchen sink people. I usually don't change presets within a set; I more or less have one preset for each musical project I have. Sometimes I can get through an entire song with just scene changes, other times I use the scenes as a home base and switch on effects as needed. Basically what I'm asking for is one additional check that reverts the current scene if it has been changed. If not, the behavior is the same as it is now.

Alternately maybe a Scene Revert function for the switches?

Then you could assign Scene to Tap and Scene Revert to Hold?

That might be a simpler and more generic solution...

Alternately maybe a Scene Revert function for the switches?

Then you could assign Scene to Tap and Scene Revert to Hold?

That might be a simpler and more generic solution...
Hadn't really thought of this, but it can actually be done with what's in the box with Scene Revert set to ON. Basically the tap/hold functions for a given switch are set up to select the identical scene, but one of them has the 2nd Press function turned off.

I'm not a huge fan of using hold functions to select scenes or presets due to the timing of it all, but it's a workable solution if the wish isn't practical for implementation.

I'm not a huge fan of using hold functions to select scenes or presets due to the timing of it all
Agreed. But I sometimes use a workaround for this by using 2 layouts on the FC that looks the same (only different colors, so I know where I'm at!). One of them are a PR preset layout. This means I can add what ever behaviour I'd like on the hold button on the pr pre layout. So that I can choose scenes with no timing issues at all, when using stomp layout, and i can add features like this on the pr pre (hold layout). (Switch behavior set to 'on release')

I use the multiplexer (with scene ignore engaged) to achieve a switch between dry and wet.
I can set a control switch (or two) to toggle between rows, and get up to 3 different rows without changing channel of the multiplexer. (If the control switches are next to each other, you could easily stomp them both)

EDIT: I got the fc12

Hadn't really thought of this, but it can actually be done with what's in the box with Scene Revert set to ON. Basically the tap/hold functions for a given switch are set up to select the identical scene, but one of them has the 2nd Press function turned off.

I'm not a huge fan of using hold functions to select scenes or presets due to the timing of it all, but it's a workable solution if the wish isn't practical for implementation.
I almost suggested that but wasn't sure if Scene Revert ON would work for your work flow.

I could see a benefit to a dedicated Scene Revert function, though.

Agreed. But I sometimes use a workaround for this by using 2 layouts on the FC that looks the same
I do something similar in that I have a Perform layout that I use 95% of the time. I have a secondary Effects layout that gets me to a few other functions I might need. However, most of the hold functions on the primary layout match the tap functions in the secondary layout so they're still available without changing layouts. Basically, it just lets me live on my Perform layout unless I need to change a bunch of stuff in rapid succession, in which case I go to the Effects layout.

I could see a benefit to a dedicated Scene Revert function, though.
Agreed, Scene Revert for the current scene might be cool, aka Panic Mode. For now I stuck my own form of a panic button on an external switch that I can get to without much finesse.

All of this stems from my trying to make pinpoint changes from clean sounds to heavy sounds while also singing, with big/clumsy feet. The Prev Scene function is PERFECT for minimizing foot movements. However, I have always used a scene change (with scene revert on) back to the current scene as a way of resetting things. So in my mind, I consider the "previous scene" as the unedited version of the one I'm on. That's why the behavior I requested makes sense to me.

If anything, this discussion shows just how accommodating the FC integration is for various types of workflows. I'm just trying to have my cake and eat it too. :D After all, Klon hell has frozen over.

Back
Top Bottom