Adam A7X discontinued?

I was about to pull the trigger on a set of A7X's but as per Sweetwater, (web page and word from the rep) they've been discontinued.

Mark II version probably in the pipe.

Does anyone have the scoop?

Last edited:
I was about to pull the trigger on a set of A7X's but as per Sweetwater, (web page and word from the rep) they've been discontinued.

Mark II version probably in the pipe.

Does anyone have the scoop?
I heard the same thing today from Sweetwater... discontinued. No explanation of why yet. Possibly issues or a new model coming. All other dealers are still selling for full price. No deals. I am going to wait and see what happens... Maybe a new replacement coming soon.

I’ll be following. I am on the waiting list for an FM9 and the A7X are on my shortlist for monitors. Still need do do some research because they might be too large for my 10’ x 12’ room.

Following with interest! I’ve finally saved enough to pull the trigger on a pair. It would be typical if the version II gets announced the day after I buy a pair of the V1! Are sweetwater the only dealers who got this information? I can’t find anything anywhere else on the web regarding a version II.

How do you like the A7X? Do you have experience with other monitors as well?
They replaced the Tannoys I've used for something like 14 years now.

They are much, much, much more detailed than the Tannoys were. Especially in the lower end. I'm learning to listen all over again as a result. It will take time to calibrate me. And I use them in an untreated room so I'm wicked awful in that regard.

I have no other experience with other monitors. Not really in a place world-wise where going out and sampling a lot of monitors was possible. I bought largely based on the opinions of people I know and trust (many of them right here on this board).

I'm a big believer in being familiar with your monitors more so in buying the precisely best monitor. They all have shortcomings, the key is learning them and working with full knowledge of how they're biased.

They replaced the Tannoys I've used for something like 14 years now.

They are much, much, much more detailed than the Tannoys were. Especially in the lower end. I'm learning to listen all over again as a result. It will take time to calibrate me. And I use them in an untreated room so I'm wicked awful in that regard.

I have no other experience with other monitors. Not really in a place world-wise where going out and sampling a lot of monitors was possible. I bought largely based on the opinions of people I know and trust (many of them right here on this board).

I'm a big believer in being familiar with your monitors more so in buying the precisely best monitor. They all have shortcomings, the key is learning them and working with full knowledge of how they're biased.
Thanks for sharing! If these are good for a Fractal Audio / Austin Buddy Beta tester they are good enough for me ;-)
I will be ordering the FM3 in the few weeks (want the FM9 but not available in the Netherlands for a long time) and made my decision to buy the AX7

Placed an order today for the A7X at a local dealer in the Netherlands. There was a small Black Friday discount that made me order now. This makes it a nice “Sinterklaas” gift for myself ;-)

Well, according to Sweetwater, the A7X's are now no longer available. I guess they were able to restock a small number of them last week. Checked the Adam website, nothing mentioned about a newer version.

Back
Top Bottom