Adam A7X discontinued?

Well, according to Sweetwater, the A7X's are now no longer available. I guess they were able to restock a small number of them last week. Checked the Adam website, nothing mentioned about a newer version.
Yup, in stock at Sweetwater for a couple days then gone again. The saga continues..

I contacted Adam audio through fb. This is what I've been told:

At some stage over the past 18 months, you have probably heard about the unprecedented challenges faced by global manufacturing, sourcing, and logistics. Maybe you are one of the many millions who have already been directly affected. Throughout this time ADAM Audio has worked tirelessly to ensure a constant supply of monitors, headphones and subwoofers reached our customers all around the world. Thankfully the situation is beginning to normalize, but we have now reached a critical manufacturing bottleneck and have taken the decision to suspend manufacturing of the AX line.

The R&D department at ADAM Audio has been busier than ever and is growing all the time. You can expect a comprehensive overhaul of our entire product portfolio over the coming years, and we look forward to sharing some news on that in the not-too-distant future. Many thanks for your patience and continued support and for choosing ADAM Audio.

Assuming you got them and have played with them, how do you like them?
Yep, got em yesterday, but the cables and iso-stands I got to use with them didn’t make it here till today. Hooked them up, and meant to just noodle for a few minutes…..looked up and a couple hours had gone! So I guess you could say I’m pretty impressed with them so far. More testing to come……

More testing to come……
Alright, after playing through these all weekend, all I can say is they are KILLER! I should have gotten a pair of these long ago.
I mean, are my CLRs still great? Yes, but with these sitting right up here on the desk, you don't need much volume at all to be immersed in
the stereo goodness of your presets. For home use, I would say they would be hard to beat.......love em!

I purchased a pair of these in early December. Game Changer!!! FM3 sounds great through it and recording, mixing, and mastering are all fun and rewarding with no fatigue after many hours of listening.

@randyvanmartini, @mesabassman Great to hear that you are enjoying your A7X monitors!!

I bought them 6 weeks ago but in my untreated room I was not happy with them. I suffer from tinnitus and somehow that did not go well in combination with the high end of the A7X. As an alternative I ordered the Yamaha H7S and they work better for me, I don’t do any recording or mixing (my playing is not worth recording😁)

@randyvanmartini, @mesabassman Great to hear that you are enjoying your A7X monitors!!

I bought them 6 weeks ago but in my untreated room I was not happy with them. I suffer from tinnitus and somehow that did not go well in combination with the high end of the A7X. As an alternative I ordered the Yamaha H7S and they work better for me, I don’t do any recording or mixing (my playing is not worth recording😁)
Jeronimo, never underestimate your talent. I forgot to mention that I treated my room and have them on foam stands as well. When my room was untreated the tweeters were out of control. Now everything sounds much better. I also have bass traps on the ceiling and floor on the walls in front of me. Makes a huge difference. I also use SonarWorks to flatten the curve of the room as well.

Bit of an update. I had these paired with a cheap Polk sub which wasn't cutting the mustard. I just paired them with the Adam Audio Sub 8. The sound is incredible and I haven't even calibrated the room with SonarWorks yet. The acoustical treatment is a must and I should have done it a long time ago. I just purchased the upgrade to Sonarworks SoundID. Will be getting that with the measurement microphone tomorrow. I was using a friends Neumann U87 which isn't quite a measurement microphone. Will keep y'all posted!

Last edited:
Hmm, I think I will keep my A7X's. :) I don't think I could justify spending that kind of money on Chinese Speakers. Thoughts? I love my A7X's. :)

Back
Top Bottom