Wish ADA MP-1

To make this more interesting, someone should create a poll to ask what kind of power amp they'd like best with it, since that's of course integral to the sound. I've seen requests for some of the preamp models that are already in the unit to have different power amps.

The BBE has been requested and overwhelmingly argued against by most users on here; I think the threads are old, maybe you could resurrect one and help fight the good fight. I disagree with the popular opinion and think it's a great tone shaping tool. I had the rack unit with balanced connections, the 862, and it was magic for my tone.
Yep I agree, I myself went with a Rocktron exciter for some BBE like tone shaping.

+1

2 MP-1's, the Nembrini plugin, my junk tone match, Leons Tone match, Leons MP-1 tone stack tutorial, my by ear preset... It's embarrassing Cliff... grown men begging. We know you're a Mesa TriAxis fan and hate the MP-1 but for gods sakes just put us out of our misery and drop a MP-1 model in the next firmware update.

To make this more interesting, someone should create a poll to ask what kind of power amp they'd like best with it, since that's of course integral to the sound. I've seen requests for some of the preamp models that are already in the unit to have different power amps.
I used mine with a 3rd Power stereo rack mount tube power amp back in 2010, and it just ripped! I almost didn’t buy the AXE FX II because of it! That power amp not only had a presence knob for each channel, but a push knob (for lows) and it made my split stack sound amazing! They’re not made anymore, but I sold it to a forum member for his church in the southeast somewhere.

However, I don't care if this one is modeled or not, since I have found amps that sound so much better in the AXE FX anyway. I found the ADA MP1 would not allow me to tweak it the way I wanted, even though I used it for almost 20 years - there was either too much low end, or not quite enough, etc., so I always opted for not quite enough. Pairing it with that power amp made a big difference, since I could use the "push" from the 3rd Power Amp's power amp. The ADA SS and MicroTube amps just weren't up to the task.

Last edited:
+1 for the MicroTube!
I had the Micro Tube, and it was better than the solid state, but when I got the 3rd Power Systems stereo tube power amp, it was night and day difference! They don’t make them anymore, and I sold mine to a guy for his church in Georgia. It was originally made for modelers, like the Eleven Rack, which I had, but the ADA MP1 through it to the split stack was phenomenal!

When I tried my AXE FX II through it, it didn’t sound right, so I sold it and got clean power amp instead. Now I use in-ears.

+1

A flashback to the early 2000s when I had the MP-1, MP-1 Classic and then the MP-2.
I'm a big big fan of Nuno (btw, I'm also portuguese) and it would be awesome to have the ADA MP-1 as a member of the amp block in the Fractal universe.

Was the MP-2 not a better MP-1?
Never had either, and I know the 1 was the famous unit, but to a poor kid at the time the 2 looked like an upgrade.
Why does no one gush for it?

Back
Top Bottom