ADA MP-1 FW10

Axe-Master
I've been putting together a video with the @dr bonkers A-HA 212 cab pack and i stumbled across something super cool for those chasing the MP-1 in the Axe.
-Use the Big Hair model
-Engage the bright switch
-Set the tonestack frequency to 500hz (this is the really big factor)

Here's a clip of the MP-1 (into an EL34 power amp and the X-Load) alongside the Axe-Fx. I swap back and forth between each setup several times while the loop plays and it's certainly "close enough for rock'n'roll" to my ears. The IR is the 57/RE10 blend from the aforementioned cab pack.

I also found that the ADA bass/middle/treble/presence all at 0 roughly corresponds to the Big Hair settings of bass 3, middle 4, treble 6 and presence 4. Setting the tone stack frequency really brings the big hair model into line with the MP-1 though.

I have a video coming later in the week going into a little more detail but I've been enjoying this patch so much I just HAD to share it. The preset uses factory cabs so it won't sound exactly like the clips - don't be afraid to tweak it to suit your setup.

Attachments

• LT ADA MP-1 FW10.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 164
@2112 your willingness to help the community is top notch. Was messing with this latest MP1 preset and it paired really well with my Charvel San Dimas. Next, I will work on using my N4 to dial in some Nuno tones with it. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom