Acoustic Simulator first test

I love it dude. separates you from the norm

Thank you very much man!

I had been away from this acoustic journey for some days and now that I hear it I can persive a lot of things that need much work, the ear is a tricky mother f, it really needs to rest to clear up. Almost always when I record a test is after hours to tweaking! My ears don't get the proper refresh!

Will continue with this as I get more time.

Cheers.

I wonder if someone with the right gear, put a mic inside the acoustic and tone matched that, if it would do a better job of capturing the overtones coming from the hollow body box, rather than just capturing the sound of the strings, with mics placed outside the guitar? OR of course, a blend of the 2.
Remember what sound you're trying to achieve; in most cases, that's the sound of an acoustic guitar being played by someone nearby. That's your reference tone. So a miked guitar will give you the best results.

The sound of an acoustic guitar is a complex soup made from the sound coming directly off the strings (bright), the sound reflected off the back and sides through the sound hole (boomy), the sound radiated from the top (woody), and more subtle flavors generated by the vibrations of the other parts of the guitar. The best way to pick that up is with one or more microphones placed in front of the guitar in an acoustically-controlled room.

I've always been curious...how long is a 'while'? When I tone match, I usually go a few seconds...

The way to do it is with the Tone Match block. Play your acoustic into it for a while to get a reference response. Then play your electric into to get the user response. Match.

Back
Top Bottom