Acoustic Simulation using Multi-Band-Compressor and IRs (IRs, blocks and video included)

Smittefar

Axe-Master
I know this is something that has been discussed before, but I still feel like some people miss out on how easy it is to make a passable acoustic simulation in the Axe III.

@2112 recently made a video about the compressors in FW12.07, and I mentioned how I think, the multiband compressor is the icing on the cake for acoustic simulations. He was interested, so I decided to do a short video. In this video, the focus is on the multiband compressor block.

Here are the IRs and the MBC block file - The B-channel is set exactly the same except for hard knee and tweaked threshold to get the same gain reduction.

EDIT: There was an error in the PRS and Rahbek IRs - I updated the dropbox file, so it now includes correct files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1xgyu6hsecqykl/IRs + MBC block.zip?dl=0

I actually made IRs that translates the sound from each of these electrics into the Martin - Try them out and see what works with your guitars. I do feel like acoustic IRs is a quite personal thing, and it works best to make your own.
Acoustic IRs.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing this. It sounds great with my Schecter Nick Johnston Strat

I have made some mods. Adding a Tape Drive and a Tube Preamp. I attach the preset

Attachments

• Acoustic Sim.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 207
They are both immensely high build quality. The Rahbek has Tom Anderson pickups.

The Rahbek has a darker sound quality than the Suhr. The Rahbek is also a bit on the heavier side.

Sounds great. Can you give more details about how the IRs are matched to the specific guitar? Did you use the Axe-FX tone match after recording the acoustic?

Wonder if I can squeeze this into my FM3 ;)
I totally agree this is very usable for a band situation ....thanks for sharing !

Sounds great. Can you give more details about how the IRs are matched to the specific guitar? Did you use the Axe-FX tone match after recording the acoustic?
I didn't use the tone match feature for this. Since I had the AX8, I have made tone matches in my DAW using the MFreeFormEQ from Melda Plugins.

I recorded the acoustic, then I recorded each electric using the AxeFX as a DI box. Finally, I used the plugin to match each electric to the acoustic. The plugin has a built-in IR export feature.

I'm glad you all like it.

Yes Ismaele....Please share if you don't mind. I'm always looking for ideas to better my mag acoustic simulations. Looking forward to playing with the presets in this thread later today.

Back
Top Bottom