• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

About Matching Your Cabinet's Resonant Frequency

rsf1977_again

Power User
Im just throwing out an idea. I'd do it myself if I could figure it out but... i cant lol. Is there anyone mathy enough to recreate the formulas discussed in a way that leaves the key variables open for users to enter their specific speaker data in order to determine the final "most accurate" parameters we should enter. I found this site that allows you to create complex custom equations and it seems like it would be possible to do here, but I don't really know. Thanks in advance if anyone figures this out :)

Calc title (optional) | InstaCalc Online Calculator

antony71p

I am using a Marshal cab 1960 Lead with G12-T75 can someone give me the presice arrangments for the LF Freq and the Low resonance ?

Last edited:

Alarto

I have a 212 parallel 16 Ohm => 8 Ohm cabinet. So I calculated 20*LOG10(55/6,55)/2,4=7,7... Celestion informed that their all speakers impedance will peak at around 100 -110 ohm at resonance. For this speaker the DC is 13.1 Ohm / 2 = 6,55. According the Celestion I put 55 to the formula that is about a half of of the impedance peak. Sounds right but is this right?

Top Bottom