Power on the Axe-FX II
Power-on the MFC-101 while holding down footswitch 1
Send the firmware with a MIDI librarian
Power down the MFC-101 and Axe-Fx II
Remove the MIDI cable and reconnect CAT-5 cable
Power on the Axe-Fx II
Set IO.MIDI.SEND_REALTIME_SYSEX = ALL
Set IO.MIDI.USB_ADAPTER_MODE = OFF"

This would be very very cool esp. for people who have the Axe and MFC hooked up in a permanent fixed position set up. Then you wouldnt have to dig stuff out to hook up extra cables and power supplies to do the update. Cheers.

Can't be done - due to hardware configuration.
Cliff has stated that the boot loader for the update can only be triggered from the MIDI IN port, so update via CAT5 is not going to happen any time soon. Sorry.

Is it instead possible to leave a 7-pin MIDI cable between MFC MIDI-OUT and Axe-FX II MIDI-IN connected to power the MFC-101 during an update of the MFC firmware?

No, because the firmware update requires receiving data on the MIDI IN connection on the MFC.

Yes, I'm aware that it is necessary to have the MIDI-IN of the MFC connected to the MIDI-OUT of the Axe-FX II. But is it possible to power the MFC over the MIDI cable from Axe-FX II MIDI-IN to MFC MIDI-OUT or would this lead to problems e.g. if the MFC is sending data during the update process which can't be handled by the Axe-FX II.

AH. That one I don't have an answer to.

I guess it would depend on whether input sent to the MFC is mirrored through the output or not.

Back
Top Bottom