Wish Ability to attach modifiers to any parameter

I imagine that Cliff already has a really good idea of which parameters are not useable/safe for real-time control. I would like to see all of the others opened to modifiers. Maybe split up all of the blocks between the beta testers and have them make a list of parameters that are a go, or no-go, whatever is shorter.

I have a wish-list thread asking for the Looper commands to be open to modifiers since getting the Axe-Fx III. Still not open?:(

I imagine that Cliff already has a really good idea of which parameters are not useable/safe for real-time control. I would like to see all of the others opened to modifiers. Maybe split up all of the blocks between the beta testers and have them make a list of parameters that are a go, or no-go, whatever is shorter.

I have a wish-list thread asking for the Looper commands to be open to modifiers since getting the Axe-Fx III. Still not open?:(
+1 😊

Thank you everyone for your thoughts.
The artifacts/unpleasant noises point makes sense, I didn't think about that, although I think I still would prefer to have the freedom to attach the modifier and hear myself if the noises are too much in each particular use case. But I understand the concern. I also didn't think about the possible calculations and CPU spikes, makes sense too.
Well, here is the list of the parameters I have in mind that I would like to be open to modifiers :

Delay, Tempo
Amp, Input Dynamics
Looper, Record
Looper, Play
Looper, Overdub
Looper, Loop Quantize
Metronome, Out 1 volume
Metronome, Out 2 volume

Not so many in the end, I don't think any of them would cause artifacts.
Some of these are controllable via MIDI CC’s I think: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Looper_block

Some of these are controllable via MIDI CC’s I think: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Looper_block
Looper is available via CC, but it is not working properly as the controls don't respond to toggle state ( see this link : https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-back-the-old-looper-control-behavior.147297/ ). Plus when using a FC12 or FC6, it means you have to do a midi loop (connect the midi out of the axe to the midi in of the axe), so it is kind of awkward.

All the other parameters in my lists are not controllable with CC.
I think the most important one for me on the list would be the the Metronome levels.

I would like to use the Metronome during live performances to get it in my in ear monitor or to send it to my drummer, this controlled by foot : having a CS to turn its volume ON/OFF or attaching an expression pedal to the metronome level, or automate the metronome level with scene controllers, etc...

What I was getting at would be MIDI implementation. The way I have my sets arranged, I'll choose a song on iPad (OnSong) which will switch presets and scenes and blocks' bypass in the preset. I also want the ability to change, for instance, the level of overdrive from one song to the next using MIDI. The way I do this now is I have to assign the gain parameter in my drive block to an external modifier, assign that external modifier to a MIDI CC#, and then edit the default for that parameter. If we had the ability to assign ANY parameter to MIDI CC, then all i'd have to do would be to assign that parameter and choose the value. Then, for the next song, I could do the same thing and choose a different value. Not a huge problem, but with onl 16 external controllers, it'd be easy to run out if you have a large number of varied presets.

In other words, they don't necessarily have to be modified in real time using an expression pedal while playing, but simply having remote control over them would be handy.

Oooh... per-preset external controllers!!! THAT would be sweet.

What I was getting at would be MIDI implementation. The way I have my sets arranged, I'll choose a song on iPad (OnSong) which will switch presets and scenes and blocks' bypass in the preset. I also want the ability to change, for instance, the level of overdrive from one song to the next using MIDI. The way I do this now is I have to assign the gain parameter in my drive block to an external modifier, assign that external modifier to a MIDI CC#, and then edit the default for that parameter. If we had the ability to assign ANY parameter to MIDI CC, then all i'd have to do would be to assign that parameter and choose the value. Then, for the next song, I could do the same thing and choose a different value. Not a huge problem, but with onl 16 external controllers, it'd be easy to run out if you have a large number of varied presets.

In other words, they don't necessarily have to be modified in real time using an expression pedal while playing, but simply having remote control over them would be handy.

Oooh... per-preset external controllers!!! THAT would be sweet.
But if they're controllable then inevitably someone will use them while playing and complain.

Back
Top Bottom