Wish Can we PLEASE get back the old Looper control behavior?

vangrieg

Fractal Fanatic
I can’t express the amount of frustration I’m having with trying to automate the III’s is looper from my DAW. It literally forced me to break a couple of things. I can’t remember when was the last time I was so frustrated with software. Seriously.

The thing is, as far as I see it, the III’s looper controls are now toggles, not “latching” CCs. So there’s no freaking way to have a guaranteed state of the effect at a given section of the song. It always depends on the previous state.

Which makes programming automation a major pain in the butt.

No, forget about pain, I could live with that.

It’s just impossible to work with.

So can we please get the old behavior back? For any control, 127 = On, 0 = Off?

Please?

Are you sure you didn’t set the general MIDI setting to Toggle instead of Value? It’s in Setup somewhere, added a while ago. I made a video about it.

Are you sure you didn’t set the general MIDI setting to Toggle instead of Value? It’s in Setup somewhere, added a while ago. I made a video about it.
I was thinking that too - Setup / Midi/Remote - General - Eff Bypass Mode

Huh? I’m sure I’m using whatever is default for this setting - I haven’t seen it.

So are you saying looper CAN work properly?

Will be near my Axe only tomorrow next time, so can’t check until then.

Thanks for this tip!

Huh? I’m sure I’m using whatever is default for this setting - I haven’t seen it.

So are you saying looper CAN work properly?

Will be near my Axe only tomorrow next time, so can’t check until then.

Thanks for this tip!

40 seconds in I show it.

40 seconds in I show it.

Interesting, you got me excited, too bad I can’t get near the thing today...

If it were about this setting, it would mess up everything though, and I’m only having issues with the looper.

So, I checked my settings, the bypass thing is set to VALUE. And everything works fine except the Looper.

I don't know if this will help, but while I was waiting for the FC-12 I was able to use the MFC-101 to control the looper functions on the Axe FXIII. The on and off lights didn't reflect what was going on, but everything worked. Go to setup, then midi/remote/ then looper and you can choose whatever cc#s you want for the looper functions. I haven't tried to automate the looper from a DAW.

I don't know if this will help, but while I was waiting for the FC-12 I was able to use the MFC-101 to control the looper functions on the Axe FXIII. The on and off lights didn't reflect what was going on, but everything worked. Go to setup, then midi/remote/ then looper and you can choose whatever cc#s you want for the looper functions. I haven't tried to automate the looper from a DAW.

Thanks but the problem is specific to DAW automation, I think. It's not really possible to make a "toggle" in an automation lane. So every time a track runs, the function reverses - i.e. one time it starts recording, another time it will stop at the same place.

I've been pulling my hair out of frustration with this one for quite a while now.

Doesn’t adjusting Record 2nd Press solve this?

No it doesn’t. It just toggles alternating states of recording. On first run it’s okay, on second run it starts recording where playback is supposed to start.

I can’t “press Record” several times in an automation lane really. It’s just changing values. So any change triggers the function in the looper. What exactly it triggers depends on the previous state.

Hello,

I have the same issue here.
Can we have an option to have the looper controlled by value instead of toggles, as it used to be before the major Looper updates ?

Last edited:
I entered to see the looper comments...
Then the topic, and I'm just mind boggled by it all... and say to self... thus is why you have avoided computer and DAW, and being famous on YouTube.
Then I watch some of Chris's video and I start to see where all these words and subject matter is about... then he says it's really 0-63, and 64-127.. and a think.. isnt that 63+63... which is 126.... then I just had to stop watching the video. But understand it was generally a major update as mentioned in the video.

I see the thread stalled in Feb and was kick started again in May, and to be linked to the thread so I could get instant notifications about new comments.... I just said the plot thickens...

but I also always observe how designers react to these types of inquiries..etc... knowing it was a design improvement, that he wants some of that reversed... it did work before... it is as he said software related. Cat and mouse software vs firmware.

Just a flake comment with maybe complicated innuendo's..... but the guy... is breaking stuff.

Back
Top Bottom