Abacab

I was just listening to 'Living Years' the other day - man, they don't make them like they used to...

Sort of related - I'm old enough to remember the debates about "who was the better frontman" that went on when Sammy Hagar replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen.

In hindsight, I'd now give anything to hear a band with a frontman even half as good as either of those guys.

Reactions: jon
Yup... the music today has no imagination, cookie monster vocals, auto tune, whatever it gets old quick. The music that was made yesterday even though most were trying to do something new it still had class. Abacab is one of those songs that will be time less in it's own right.

Reactions: jon
A great vid - gotta love the Steiny bass :)

And apart from being a great song. that is a sterling A-grade mullet that Phil is sporting there.

haha! great version. love all the stuff collins and thompson are up to at the end. abacab is actually the name of the genesis tribute band i'm in. will be playing a few songs this evening at a showcase we're doing. rutherford's slightly sharp vibrato does grate on me a bit sometimes, though!

Back
Top Bottom