A new guy saying hi.

Geiri

Inspired
Hello everyone

I've been trying to find reasons not to buy the axe fx. I've been waiting for Boss or any other company to come up with a serious alternative.

Today while browsing the internet I said screw it, I'm going home and ordered online the ultra and the footcontroller. And as a follow up to that action I put my amp and other gear up for sale. :mrgreen

Looking forward to explore this black box of magic.

Geiri

Last edited:
Hi , same here I was satisfied with my rocktron prophesy and in a blink of an eye i thought screw it "I want an Ultra" , GAS ;-)

R

Hi Geiri,

Welcome to the forum.

I did the same thing; looking on the internet everyday for a few weeks to try evaluate the Axefx. I too said 'sod it. I'll just get one'.
I found one for sale on the forum and brought it... I'm glad I did. After a firmware update and downloading patches that other members had posted I'm really digging the black box. It blew away all the gear I tried previously for a new project.
Loving it....

Welcome friend... You won't regret your decision to purchase. I know I don't.

My Ultra is a constant inspiration to creativity on so many levels, song writing, skill level, even the desire to play my instrument(s) more.
It is and has been the single most powerful tool for sound design in my musical arsenal since 12/19/08.
Things will never be the same. Enjoy the journey!

Last edited:
Welcome, Geiri! Like many others here, I also searched the web for info, and after a while, I just pulled the trigger and got one. No regrets.

Welcome to the forums, Geiri! Took me about a year to purchase one. You won't be disappointed!

Welcome Geiri! Now we just have to come to some sort of an agreement if I can rent if from you maybe once a year when I come to Iceland ;-) Better yet, maybe you can play instead of me!

I'm fresh meat here too... I ordered mine on Sunday and it's sitting 3 hours away in customs. I'm stoked, but I'm not quite ready to unload my Diezels, Bogners, or my Mako rack - nor my Eventide stomps and a whack of other boutique pedals. The Ultra for me will be used primarily as an effects unit, if it grows beyond that, cool - but it's not Job No.1 in my decision to buy it...

To melt faces I'll still be standing in front of my tube heads :)

V.

Back
Top Bottom