A little Two Stone

Thank you all for the kind words. I`ll see if i can get it uploaded. Nothing special. A mix of 2 cabs: Mesa(OH) and OH-Beta 1WF. I don´t tweak a lot of parameters.

I use my Suhr Classic Ash (ML´s and Aldrich) with tone controls down.

It´s good news that it sounds good to others too. Then my hearing has not gone west yet.

Which stock cabs would be the closest to these two?
I'm having a tough time finding a good cab for this amp

Which stock cabs would be the closest to these two?

The Mesa(OH) i refer to, is the stock Mesa cab. OH-Beta 1 WF is for free on the IR pages.. I`m sure you downloded it. I`ll check to be sure that those are the ones i use and come back to you. I may have switched the Mesa with the Top Boost blue cab (Stock)

Edit: Using OH Beta Bogner V31 57 WF (free beta IR) and Top Boost Blue RW(stock)

No mics, no panning... Play with air parameter in the cab block. Depending of your guitar.

Last edited:
WOW, sounds AMAZING on my little macbook air speaks! I will have to platy with that - might be my new 'go to' amp. Thanks! Nice feel on yer playing too..

Thanks F_P. I actually often check with the macbook speakers to see if anything is whacked. No bass, so i can check the mix and sound in a different setup.

Kriig can you divulge what your setting for Gain, EQ, and Master Volume are on the two stone amp? I'm having trouble making it give useful clean tones without clipping on breakup since the amp has such a huge dynamic range.

Amps like this one typically are matched with a G12-65, or the Boutique 2x12.

I gigged yesterday using the Two-Rock for leads, through my cab with a KTS-70 (equivalent to a G12H). That works very well too.
It really is a fantastic amp model, thick, lots of sustain, doesn't drown in the mix.

Kriig can you divulge what your setting for Gain, EQ, and Master Volume are on the two stone amp? I'm having trouble making it give useful clean tones without clipping on breakup since the amp has such a huge dynamic range.

Drive 2.37
Bass 3.35
Mid 6.35
Treb 5.96
Pres 4.08
Master 4.55
Cab 1 Factory 24 with a 57 mic.(Did not think i had a mic here)
Cab 2 OH beta 412 Bogner V31 SM57 WF (no mic)

And they are actually panned 50/50.. Most have forgotten to center them. I usually do that.

I´ll upload the preset when the AE is here. I don´t use it much, but like to use it for uploads.. Looking forward to that :)

Thanks a lot for all the nice comments.

Back
Top Bottom