A Dilemma

zaphoid

Inspired
So I got my Axe-Fx II. I loooove this thing. The presets all seem quite useable and the initial 40 or so really show off the amp models. Even beyond that, the rest of the presets showcase a cool capability that I would not want to lose. On my ultra, I used about 20 presets for my band, in the first 20 preset slots. So my issue is, where to put these home-made presets?!?! What have you all done? I don't want to write over anything really....

Just write over them. The factory presets are backed up in on-board FLASH so you can restore them at any time.

So I got my Axe-Fx II. I loooove this thing. The presets all seem quite useable and the initial 40 or so really show off the amp models. Even beyond that, the rest of the presets showcase a cool capability that I would not want to lose. On my ultra, I used about 20 presets for my band, in the first 20 preset slots. So my issue is, where to put these home-made presets?!?! What have you all done? I don't want to write over anything really....

Ha, yeah, I've encountered the same reluctance to overwrite anything yet. The last 3 or 4 are ones that didn't really strike me as anything I would miss (4cm demo, shunt preset, etc.). So I've been working with them so far. I've been waiting for axe edit to really start re-arranging things as far as the presets go. Not sure how much longer that will last. :)

you can also SWAP presets, so as to not overwrite. take one you won't use, make that your new preset....then swap with one up front, so you don't lose the cool one upfront.??? that's what i'm going to do, haven't used it yet, just overwrote a few i didn't mesh with.

If you have an MFC (new firmware), you can save your presets to any one of the available 384 locations - then use song mode (100 songs available with 10 presets per song) to map to that location. You can leave the 1st 40+ presets in place on the Axe2 and save your user presets in bank "C", then map with the MFC.
Still leaves Banks A +B available for use, and Factory banks can be restored at any time.

Back
Top Bottom