80's Landau sounds

Very cool playing indeed!
Sounds very nice.
I'm also into that type of sound, and the Dan Huff stuff.
What guitar did you use (model, wood, pickups)?

Thanks very much for the comments.

The first clip was played with a Tyler studio elite with mamywo body and maple neck. Suhr dsv humbucker.
The second clip was played with a Tyler studio elite with light ash body with quilt maple top and maple neck. Unknown Dimarzio humbucker and a little midboost from the guitar.

Thanks
Joakim

I can hear some Steve Lukather in there :D
(meant as a compliment of course!)

I like it! Great sound & playing.
Hey joCCe, don't stop!

Micha

Those are getting right in there Joakim for sure. You can hear the Tylerness of it too. By the way, your Plexiz preset was great! I uploaded it and tuned it into a bluesy dual amp rig with rotary option on the rhythm channel for my HMW tune Bionic Hillbilly. I took some bass out, and changed the boost, but the core amp that you developed there was killer. Thanks!

Thanks very much, I'm glad that you guys like them.

John, I dig your playing and your presets too btw! Great and creative sounds and playing!

The Dr. plexiz preset was accidentally uploaded with the bass at 4 or something in that ballpark, but it should've been between 0-1. I find myself adding more and more mids to my presets too. I have these Sony MDR-7509 headphones that I've used for monitoring and the presets sounds fine on those. However, when I check the presets on some other headphones and speakers, the presets sounds myddy and not so open. I think I need to get some studio monitors to be able to dial in the right mids and highs.

I have this article written by Jay Graydon that I use as a reference when I try to dial in my od sounds. http://www.guitar.com/geteducated/recor ... ted_guitar
Check out those other articles in that series as well.

Thanks
Joakim

Your presets sound very good on my system which for now (don't laugh) is through a Sony HIFI with 6 1/2" Infinity speakers. I'll eventually buy some good monitors but it works for now. I like your mids very pronouced and the highs are just right, I like changing some of the drive models on your patch and it gives me some different character for each one subtle but different.

Thanks again for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom