8 string djent tone for recording double tracks L/R style

Norstorm

I see, and have tested, a few great metal style presets for 8 strings on this forum..
Great work..

But I always record double tracks. One in LEFT and one in RIGHT while pre-producing.
The problem is, I have a bass player ready to lay down basslines on the songs, so I have to figure out some kind of djent tone high on the mid sections, leaving the lower freqs to the bass..
And it has to be one of those presets that doesen't push 100% before it's doubled..

Can anyone please help me here.. I'm struggeling like hell over here..

As said before I use to tweak my sounds on two different PODs.
Now that the Axe Ultra is finally here, I see a loooot of options that I haven't seen before on the PODs..
So.. I'm kinda lost over here.

I'm sort of on a timelimit, so I'm pulling my hair over here.

Thx..
Sounds kinda good on stand-alone, but while doubeling the tracks recorded, it sounds a little overkill on the bass and a little mushie on the mid freq..
I'll tweak around a while and see if I can't ballance it out for the double track method..

Dude that sounds sick! def gonna mess around with that patch tonight, I appreciate you shiring it to other metalheads!

Maybe I can help.

Here's what it sounds like (and this is with NO bass gtr). And I know it sounds weird, but it's two STEREO guitar tracks panned hard left and hard right, it makes the cab sims sound better. You'll see what I mean if you download the patch.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14827226/New Song Progress as of 2-7-2011 MSTR2.mp3

Here's the patch

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14827226/Punch It! 7Rhythm.syx
dude, thats epic! could you please update the link, it's dead(( thanks!

I see, and have tested, a few great metal style presets for 8 strings on this forum..
Great work..

But I always record double tracks. One in LEFT and one in RIGHT while pre-producing.
The problem is, I have a bass player ready to lay down basslines on the songs, so I have to figure out some kind of djent tone high on the mid sections, leaving the lower freqs to the bass..
And it has to be one of those presets that doesen't push 100% before it's doubled..

Can anyone please help me here.. I'm struggeling like hell over here..

As said before I use to tweak my sounds on two different PODs.
Now that the Axe Ultra is finally here, I see a loooot of options that I haven't seen before on the PODs..
So.. I'm kinda lost over here.

I'm sort of on a timelimit, so I'm pulling my hair over here.

Hey man, I really don't have a patch to share but I can recommend a some good advice. Try using the 5150 sim or FAS Modern with a ts808 and the Metal Cab to get your djent tone. To open things up add a High Pass Filter at 130hz and a Low Pass Filter at 7.1khz on the Patch you're making or you can do it in POST processing of the guitar tracks. You will need to subtract -2.5 db from 200hz to 400hz and 600hz to 800hz to weed out cardboardiness and mud. This should take any patch you make and be a GREAT starting point to open that mix up for bass. Hope you get something out of what I said! For verification that I am a competent individual in the art of djenting here's my link

Hey man, I really don't have a patch to share but I can recommend a some good advice. Try using the 5150 sim or FAS Modern with a ts808 and the Metal Cab to get your djent tone. To open things up add a High Pass Filter at 130hz and a Low Pass Filter at 7.1khz on the Patch you're making or you can do it in POST processing of the guitar tracks. You will need to subtract -2.5 db from 200hz to 400hz and 600hz to 800hz to weed out cardboardiness and mud. This should take any patch you make and be a GREAT starting point to open that mix up for bass. Hope you get something out of what I said! For verification that I am a competent individual in the art of djenting here's my link

for something that's repetitive, it has a good groove :) you made my head djent.

Back
Top Bottom