8.09 Standard auto re-boot

I was told by Marty @ Support that the reboot thing could well be related to one of several bugs found in 8.09. They worked them out for the upcoming firmware.

I bet you are using the Vintage reverb in some presets. The Vintage reverb algorithm has a bug where it corrupts a global vector. 99% of the time that global vector is overwritten so it doesn't matter but if the circumstances are just right the corrupted data is fed to the delay block causing a quiet NaN which forces a reboot.

javajunkie said:
MickUF said:
Im using the ultra and found when playing live,somtimes (twice so far) when using an exp pedal to control whatever parameter its pointed to, the axe will change preset up one number. Its like it cant handle the midi commands and just goes up a preset. It only happens when using an exp pedal..in my case a shimmer path.

Mick

Are you using a liquid foot?

Yes LF Jr. I emailed jeff about it. He seems to think it was Axe based rather than controller based. has anyone else had this issue?

Mick

Yep! I was experiencing this with my LF Pro. I thought I was going too fast through the presets, but now you mention it I think it happened on the ones using the Vintage Reverb block.

Yay! - Thanks Cliff for fixing it in 9.0.

TimmyM

MickUF said:
javajunkie said:
MickUF said:
Im using the ultra and found when playing live,somtimes (twice so far) when using an exp pedal to control whatever parameter its pointed to, the axe will change preset up one number. Its like it cant handle the midi commands and just goes up a preset. It only happens when using an exp pedal..in my case a shimmer path.

Mick

Are you using a liquid foot?

Yes LF Jr. I emailed jeff about it. He seems to think it was Axe based rather than controller based. has anyone else had this issue?

Mick

There is a solution w/ 9.0. Turn the realtime sysex send on the Axe-fx to tuner. This will stop it from sending the tempo sysex stuff.

Back
Top Bottom