8.05 Drive settings compared to 8.02

With 8.05 the gain structure reverts to an approximation of the original OD on pedals that I now use, e.g. T808 Mod and a Fuzz Bender.

I have the best overdriven sound ever using the T808 Mod with 8.02 and if I upgrade to 8.05, my drive (6.26) and level (7.87) settings would have to be altered to get back to where I am now.

On a patch with a Fuzz Bender the settings are the same.

Does anybody know what my approximate new settings for these pedals would be on 8.05 to get a similar end result?

stevejon38 said:
With 8.05 the gain structure reverts to an approximation of the original OD on pedals that I now use, e.g. T808 Mod and a Fuzz Bender.

I have the best overdriven sound ever using the T808 Mod with 8.02 and if I upgrade to 8.05, my drive (6.26) and level (7.87) settings would have to be altered to get back to where I am now.

On a patch with a Fuzz Bender the settings are the same.

Does anybody know what my approximate new settings for these pedals would be on 8.05 to get a similar end result?

In the 8.02 firmware Cliff said that the drive value at 5 (on this particular model and some of the others too) on the Axe is the same as a drive at 0 in the real pedal. So, your drive at 6.26 in 8.02 firmware shoud be 1.26 in 8.05 firmware. At least, this is what the mathematics tells me.
The other settings should be the same.

With the new firmware there is now a 1-to-1 correspondence with the real thing.

The Level control didn't change. The Drive control for the T808 models has half the range. To go from 8.02 to 8.05 subtract 5 and multiply by two. So 6.26 would go to 2.52.

FractalAudio said:

The Level control didn't change. The Drive control for the T808 models has half the range. To go from 8.02 to 8.05 subtract 5 and multiply by two. So 6.26 would go to 1.52.
2.52 :mrgreen:

FractalAudio said:

The Level control didn't change. The Drive control for the T808 models has half the range. To go from 8.02 to 8.05 subtract 5 and multiply by two. So 6.26 would go to 2.52.

Many thanks Cliff for your quick response!

I eagerly await the standard Axe Fx 8.05 upgrade release in a few days (hopefully!)

Just went from 8.02 to 8.06 - I'm struggling a little on some of my patches using the dive models with the changes in but where my drive levels were already low - 2-3 etc. Can't get them right at the moment even tuning the drive levels to zero.\

Also one of the stock patches I use "sultans" clips like crazy even when I turn the drive in the drive block to zero, which seems odd if nothing else changed right??? I did an "update all patches after the firmware update)

any pointers?

thanks

But be careful...2.52 in the Axe Fx will activate the flux capacitor....have a past or future date set before you activate :lol:

Tremonti said:
But be careful...2.52 in the Axe Fx will activate the flux capacitor....have a past or future date set before you activate :lol:

Sorry I don't understand about the 'flux capacitor' business.

Can anyone tell me if the same above ratio applies to the 'Fuzz Bender' model as well?

stevejon38 said:
Tremonti said:

Try sending a PM to Doc Brown. If you are lucky, he'll send one back and tell you the story about slipping off his toilet and hitting his head and the subsequent vision he had of the Flux Capacitor. :)

SparkyG said:
Just went from 8.02 to 8.06 - I'm struggling a little on some of my patches using the dive models with the changes in but where my drive levels were already low - 2-3 etc. Can't get them right at the moment even tuning the drive levels to zero.\

Also one of the stock patches I use "sultans" clips like crazy even when I turn the drive in the drive block to zero, which seems odd if nothing else changed right??? I did an "update all patches after the firmware update)

any pointers?

thanks

Well if we subtract 5 and multiply by 2 we have

2-5= -3
-3 * 2 = -6

So set it at -6 :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

All you can do is set the drive at 0 and lower the level to compensate.

just got back from practice and i have to say the new TS808 sounds badass. For the first time I'm completely utterly happy with my tone. At least until tomorrow lol. My dual amp setup of a 5150 and Recto Red in stereo with a TS808 in front to condition the tone into 2 real 4x12 cabinets sounded so authentic, but better in every way. Clearer fuller soooo goood. Thanks Cliff I finally feel like I found the sound i wanted. Keep up the GREAT work. Amazing. :D

stevejon38 said:
Tremonti said:

Can anyone tell me if the same above ratio applies to the 'Fuzz Bender' model as well?

The same ratio does apply to the Fuzz Bender, however the unit must be set up for 1.21 Jigowatt capacity which you can do, but only if you have the correct adapter.

sprint said:
stevejon38 said:
Tremonti said:

The same ratio does apply to the Fuzz Bender, however the unit must be set up for 1.21 Jigowatt capacity which you can do, but only if you have the correct adapter.
:lol:
It depends if you are based on Saturn or Pluton.

2-5= -3
-3 * 2 = -6
So set it at -6 :lol:
Sorry, couldn't help myself.
All you can do is set the drive at 0 and lower the level to compensate.
Good one Sean :lol:

I was just looking at the drives and had saved the info from Cliff in a word document.
I also ran across some TS808's with the drive <5.
In the end, I just used my ears.
Seems to work fine with the Axe-fx. ;)

This thing keeps getting better.
Thanks Cliff.

MisterE said:
In the end, I just used my ears.
Seems to work fine with the Axe-fx. ;)

You used your ears? Are you insane or something? :lol:

It really doesn't take long to learn about the changes, just spend a few minutes turning the knobs and listening. Once you figure it out on one preset then you'll be able to easily apply the changes to the rest of your presets in no time. It's really not that hard with something like the drive block.

When I see how difficult you guys make little stuff like this I cringe with horror thinking about how unnecessarily complicated you must make the rest of your lives. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom