7 videos on youtube

Hi fremen,

Just wondering if you have updated your bank since v9.00 firmware?

Also i love your controller vid on youtube, i too have a rocktron midi mate, so just wondering if your plugging your expression pedal directly into the midi mate or straight into the axe?

rickgk said:
Hi fremen,

Also i love your controller vid on youtube, i too have a rocktron midi mate, so just wondering if your plugging your expression pedal directly into the midi mate or straight into the axe?
Hello, yes I've just updated my three banks, in fact I spent a lot of time on that. For some of my existing go-to live patches, I still need to refine the reverb settings, but that's all.

I also started testing the Red Wirez IRs and it's taking some time, that will probably be for a "new generation" of patches, as I also want to test other amp models than my usual suspects, specially for crunch sounds. So many possibilities, so little time, ah ah :)

I'm plugging the expression pedal straight in the MidiMate

fremen said:
rickgk said:
Hi fremen,

Hello, yes I've just updated my three banks, in fact I spent a lot of time on that. For some of my existing go-to live patches, I still need to refine the reverb settings, but that's all.

I also started testing the Red Wirez IRs and it's taking some time, that will probably be for a "new generation" of patches, as I also want to test other amp models than my usual suspects, specially for crunch sounds. So many possibilities, so little time, ah ah :)

I'm plugging the expression pedal straight in the MidiMate

Great, I would love to try your new banks out if you get some time to upload them. Your clips always sound fantastic.

I can't seem to get my ev5 pedal to work into my midimate, i must be missing a setting.

I wonder if i d/load your bank and use my midi-mate will i be able to get your controls straight off or would i need to do more extensive programming of the midi mate or axefx?

for each preset on the midimate, you need to assigne the controller number for external 1 in your axe

procedure : in controller mode, press on "2ND", then on "6" three times, then on "1" to assign the control number. I repeat, you need to do this for each preset number :( but when it's done, it's done

My banks :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/A ... _V_9.0.rar
but, some patches are now using Red Wirez impulses. I'll give the full list of my user IRs later, right now I'm late to work ;)

fremen said:
for each preset on the midimate, you need to assigne the controller number for external 1 in your axe

procedure : in controller mode, press on "2ND", then on "6" three times, then on "1" to assign the control number. I repeat, you need to do this for each preset number :( but when it's done, it's done

My banks :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/A ... _V_9.0.rar
but, some patches are now using Red Wirez impulses. I'll give the full list of my user IRs later, right now I'm late to work ;)

Thanks so much for that, much appreciated.

Wow...you know I must be stunned to be posting on Christmas Eve, but I just checked out your videos...holy crap.

The Another Brick in the Wall sound you have going on in the first video is worth the price of this thing by itself!

I have gotten some decent sounds out of mine, the best I have ever had, in fact, but NOTHING compared to what you and Mark Day have gotten out of it. Man, I need to spend some more time with this bad boy!

Just stumbled upon your patches for the 1st time (already knew the videos).
Great stuff among those patches!

could you tell us which RedWire IR you use in which Userslot?Otherwise the patches are more or less useless.
Thank you very much!!

I didn't use any Red Wirez IR in those presets, but these ones, available for free on the net :

01 Mesa Strd MT103 spk1 (Clawfinger)
02 Marshall 414-Line6 480-MT84 Mix (Clawfinger)
03 ENGL V30 higher presence (Poidaobi - I had to tweak this one to boost its volume)
04 EnglXXL MT103 02 (Clawfinger)
05 Mesa EL34 57 cap (Recabinet 1.5 demo)
06 This One (GuitarHack)
07 EDGE -1 I Inch ala Sneap pic (GuitarHack)
08 Marshall 6L6 i5 cap (Recabinet 1.5 demo)
09 Mesa Trad 4x12 V30 SM57 05 (Alu, of guitarampmodelling.com - this is still my main hi gain IR)
10 Fredman Angled (GuitarHack)

I just did a Red Wirez IR selection process though. Now I'm using 7 or 8 of them, and 2 or 3 free IRs, but I didn't uploaded the corresponding presets yet. Waiting for firmware 9.03. I'll paste my list tonight

here's my new IR selection - but it may change, I've yet to test some mics besides the SM57/R121

01 : TweedDeluxeBlue-R121-Cap2in
02 : Marshall1960A-G12Ms-C414-Cap-2in
03 : Marshall1960A-G12Ms-M160-CapEdge-1in
04 : Marshall1960B-T75s-R121-Cap-2in
05 : Orange4x12-V30s-R121-Cap-3in
06 : 5150-Sheffield1200s-R121-CapEdge-2in
07 : ENGLProV30s-SM57-CapEdge-1in
08 : GuitarHack - Fredman Angled
09 : GuitarHack - This One
10 : Alu - Mesa Trad 4x12 V30 SM57 05

I've been one of those "on the fence" guys for a while... but I just ordered a standard on friday, and these videos had a lot to do with me finally making the jump. Can't wait to get it...
Good stuff, thanks man!

16 months later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqtKWX4U6jA

when I uploaded the first seven videos, I've had the Axe for 4 months. Many firmwares and hundreds of hours of tweaking later, here's my up-to-date selection of crunch, mid/hi gain, djent and lead patches

1st post edited to add almost all of my Axe-Fx videos

love watching your vids :) influenced me in buying my ultra.
and that unique picking!

what onboard electrics have you got?...or treble bleed.

your tones seem to clear up beautifully!

fremen said:
16 months later...

when I uploaded the first seven videos, I've had the Axe for 4 months. Many firmwares and hundreds of hours of tweaking later, here's my up-to-date selection of crunch, mid/hi gain, djent and lead patches

Pourrais-tu uploader tes banques comme au bon vieux temps, s'il te plait ?
Could you please upload your banks as you did before ?

SML59 said:
fremen said:
16 months later...

Pourrais-tu uploader tes banques comme au bon vieux temps, s'il te plait ?
Could you please upload your banks as you did before ?
yes, soon, I'm working on a few patches. But you'll need redwirez IRs though

Back
Top Bottom