7.16 Built-In Gate vs Gate/Expander?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Now that we all have an awesome "built-in" gate, is there really need to use the Gate/Expander in the Ultra? Please forgive me since I haven't had a chance to use either...

The dedicated Gate/Exp block is a generic Downward Expander. It can be used for dynamic range expansion anywhere in the signal path as well as a gate. It also has a sidechain input and a hold feature.

mortega76 said:
Now that we all have an awesome "built-in" gate, is there really need to use the Gate/Expander in the Ultra? Please forgive me since I haven't had a chance to use either...

Yes, the gate/expander can be used anywhere in the signal chain. and get is detection from different sources. this means you could have only the reverb being gated or the gate be triggered by a variety of source.

Also, the gate on the block has hold time which when balanced with the attack help fine tune chatter and the lo/high cut so you can narrow the frequencies that trigger the gate.

Cliff, can you, please, tell me why you don't change attack/release value display in the Compressor with real time indicated in milliseconds like in the Gate/Exp?

It's not appears logical to me. :(...

I know many guitarists are using some stomp boxes compressors and would probably need this type of display, but why don't you get, for example, a new tab where real time values could be sets or place a clone of attack/release in an advanced tab?

We've got ms in most other blocks like Delays, Chorus, etc, so, why don't you add this option.

It's look really necessary to me. Pleeeeeaaaaaase!!!

Spawn-X said:
Cliff, can you, please, tell me why you don't change attack/release value display in the Compressor with real time indicated in milliseconds like in the Gate/Exp?

I know many guitarists are using some stomp boxes compressors and would probably need this type of display, but why don't you get, for example, a new tab where real time values could be sets or place a clone of attack/release in an advanced tab?

We've got ms in most other blocks like Delays, Chorus, etc, so, why don't you add this option.

It's been on the wishlist since quite some time. Right here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6388

seems quite a few people agree with us :)

VegaBaby said:
Spawn-X said:

It's been on the wishlist since quite some time. Right here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6388

seems quite a few people agree with us :)
Absolutely agree!

Back
Top Bottom