6.0 Question regarding amp controls

mtmartin71

Experienced
I've read a big part of the 6.0 release is matching the real life amp parameters to the exact response of the virtual amp parameters in the Axe FX. For NMV amps, does this mean the MASTER will be "fixed" and you'll just have GAIN (VOLUME) and LEVEL? One thing I don't like is trying to search for a MASTER sweet spot on what are normally NMV amps. Not a huge deal or complaint though...just a curiosity.

Wondering this Too...
Especially if the Manual is not updated right away it would be good to know specifics on the "Knob Changes" and Impact on patches.
I do like that they will be matching the Real World Amps because it can be confusing when some Have "Norm Level" "Brite Level" "Drive 1/2" "Gain 1/2"... etc...
I do believe they said it would not have any effect on current presets.

...does this mean the MASTER will be "fixed" and you'll just have GAIN (VOLUME) and LEVEL? One thing I don't like is trying to search for a MASTER sweet spot on what are normally NMV amps...

I highly doubt they will do this (although I'd like it) because it would take away a lot of the flexibility of the models.

I am new here and please forgive me if this is stupid question, but what is this supposed to be, speaking of new 6.0 feature in this posting? I have many posts on forum concerning but still confused.

Many thanks.

They said the tone knobs will be about 90% accurate to the real world knob settings. I'm curious to know what % they are now before 6.0 as far as accuracy, just to know how much of a difference we'll experience when 6.0 drops.

I do not read this as meaning that the visibility/placement/labeling of knobs in the user interface of either the Axe or the editor is going to change from amp to amp. I take it to mean the models will respond more like their real life counterparts to knob twiddling. The interactivity/slope/etc.

I do not read this as meaning that the visibility/placement/labeling of knobs in the user interface of either the Axe or the editor is going to change from amp to amp. I take it to mean the models will respond more like their real life counterparts to knob twiddling. The interactivity/slope/etc.

They are visually matching the POSITIONS of the physical amp amp controls; not visually in the GUI or in the Editor.

It's a major step forward IMHO. Amps you know you can dial up in a jiffy with familiar settings. Amps you do not know by doing some research (Google is your friend).

NOTE: the Drive/T/M/B/P are all done according to the specific modeled amp. The Master Volume stays consistent throughout ALL amp models for consistency's sake and avoiding large volume jumps unexpectently changing between them.

They are visually matching the POSITIONS of the physical amp amp controls; not visually in the GUI or in the Editor.

It's a major step forward IMHO. Amps you know you can dial up in a jiffy with familiar settings. Amps you do not know by doing some research (Google is your friend).

NOTE: the Drive/T/M/B/P are all done according to the specific modeled amp. The Master Volume stays consistent throughout ALL amp models for consistency's sake and avoiding large volume jumps unexpectently changing between them.

Sorry Scott, but this one actually confused me. (Very unusual as your posts are usually extremely clear to me, so I may have a term I don't understand!)
Can you please clarify?

The tapers of all the controls have been measured and entered into the models. So if you set a knob on the actual amp at "5" then you get the same result on the model at "5". There may be, obviously, some deviation as log taper pots on consumer gear tend to be fairly poor tolerance.

To Carydad: yes, everything at noon on the JVM model will sound just like an actual JVM with everything at noon. FWIW, the OD1 and OD2 channels are now modeled. The models are of the Orange mode. Red mode is just a straight boost which happens to be nearly identical to the Boost switch boost so I didn't bother to make separate models for Red mode. Green mode is very similar to a JCM800 so I didn't bother with those modes either. I might model them at a later date.

The tapers of all the controls have been measured and entered into the models. So if you set a knob on the actual amp at "5" then you get the same result on the model at "5". There may be, obviously, some deviation as log taper pots on consumer gear tend to be fairly poor tolerance.

To Carydad: yes, everything at noon on the JVM model will sound just like an actual JVM with everything at noon. FWIW, the OD1 and OD2 channels are now modeled. The models are of the Orange mode. Red mode is just a straight boost which happens to be nearly identical to the Boost switch boost so I didn't bother to make separate models for Red mode. Green mode is very similar to a JCM800 so I didn't bother with those modes either. I might model them at a later date.

Thanks Cliff, This clarifies it perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom