5 Minute Tones

That reminds me, Im out of hot sauce (literally and I dont have a lead delay block in my library).

Thanks for the suggestion to revisit the Cornfed!

A couple of notes...
The overdrive on the real MK50 is footswitchable, so perhaps that explains the behaviour you noted.
The default Axe-FX Cornfed M50 is with EL34s, whereas the real amp came with 5881s / 6L6s.
Cornford speaker cabs are all made of pine and fitted with Vintage 30s, so it's an interesting conundrum, as I don't think any of the Legacy or DynaCab cabs match that spec (?)

Last edited:
That sound is quite killer!

I'm a big fan of the 6160+ - not sure if I like it more than the 5153 though (Red and Blue)...it's damn close!

I own both heads and have a great relationship with them. I think of the Stealth as a Hi-Fi 5150, with extended low mids, which is not a bad thing with the right guitar/pickup combination. 5150 just hits it right in the mid range with enough low end and nice high end if the value is turned way up.

Great video that parallels my experience in recreating the best of them both within the AXE3. Your recommended settings for both amps are super close to what I dialed in, which affirms my hearing and allows me to just play and enjoy.

Thank You

The 5150 is classic for a reason

I suppose I could copy all the settings but is this preset on Axe Exchange? You used the Fractal X-Load curve for both? I think you should do another version of this video and use the York Audio Mesa OS 4x12 DynaCab…perfect combination for 5150/5150 III.

I suppose I could copy all the settings but is this preset on Axe Exchange? You used the Fractal X-Load curve for both? I think you should do another version of this video and use the York Audio Mesa OS 4x12 DynaCab…perfect combination for 5150/5150 III.

These days Leon normally posts a link to a preset plus cab bundle in the notes of the YouTube video. It's so much more convenient that way, since he's often using his own IRs.

Back
Top Bottom