5.07 Freezes?

I just tried to open up Axe Edit to go back to 5.01 and it will not even open up now. It crashes before opening. I deleted and re-installed it and it still crashes when you try to open it. I tried to open it with the Axe on and with it off with the same results. Axe Edit won't open at all up now.

You probably need to delete the setting file
in win 7 it is located C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit 1.0\Axe-Edit.settings
in XP
C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit 1.0\Axe-Edit.settings

the next part I've just encountered is that with the USB plugged in, Axe Edit running and Logic open, I don't get a freeze...

so far it only seems to happen when Logic is playing and the Axe is connected via the USB.

Mac Pro [8 core] / Leopard / Logic Pro 8

connectivity:
DAW firewire to TC Electronics AI, cabled to mixer [Mackie]
Axe out 1 L/R cabled to mixer
guitar -> instr in
Axe2 USB AI is not in use
Axe2 MIDI used over USB for Axe Edit

The only time [at least so far] I see the freeze is when logic is 'playing' and the Axe is connected via USB
I'm wondering is when Logic is playing if there is some sort of 'traffic' Mac -> Axe that is upsetting things

managed to play Axe with Logic for hours last night without a single freeze...
than I loead up a different song and it froze within a few minutes..

the song where the freeze happens contains internal [to the DAW] MIDI instruments
the song that was fine contained only audio tracks

don't know if this helps you guys at all

So does v6 solve this freezing issue?

there are a couple of different issues here.

For the original posters problem. Yes, 6.0 seems to correct the corrupt preset problem. I have tried every corrupt preset that was sent to me. The ones that froze on 5.07 do not freeze on 6.0

Back
Top Bottom