5.02 not as clean as 4.x?

No, if the modeling is set to 4.x then it's using 4.x regardless of the firmware version. That's the whole point of the Modeling Version parameter so that people's presets don't change.

I meant the posted preset would not be set to latest because of the way it was exported.

Jack exported it in 4.x so it would have to be set to 4.x

I meant the posted preset would not be set to latest because of the way it was exported.

Jack exported it in 4.x so it would have to be set to 4.x
The point cliff was making is that he probably never updated the modeling version in his preset himself and is literally A/B-ing an identical preset

The point cliff was making is that he probably never updated the modeling version in his preset himself and is literally A/B-ing an identical preset

Yeah I got that.

Alas my point was missed. The modeling version has to be set to 4.x in that preset. There is no other way it could be set. It was exported in 4.x.

Whether or not Jack changed the preset to Latest when he upgraded to 5.x? I don't the answer to that.

And was not commenting on the gain change question.

Yeah I got that.

Alas my point was missed. The modeling version has to be set to 4.x in that preset. There is no other way it could be set. It was exported in 4.x.

I get that. The thing is, if he never touched the modeling version parameter, then his preset remained at 4.x even after upgrading, which means he never heard it using 5.x. My impression is that he was switching firmware versions via FractalBot rather than using the modeling version parameter, but that's just a hunch.

Last edited:
Is it my imagination? My clean fender tones don't seem to have the headroom that they used to have. My clean fender jazz amp now sounds slightly overdriven. Nothing else has changed. I am considering recording it, switching back and recording it again to see if i'm imagining things...

Hi Jack

In my experience using the Doubleverb sims in the Axe, except for the Doubleverb Norm sim, it's best to turn Input trim down to 0.5 if you want hyper clean tones.
The Doubleverb Norm is the only Doubleverb sim taken with the Normal, less-hot, input of a real Twin.

I think whenever there is a high and low input, Cliff always modeled the high one, with the suggestion that you just turn the input trim to 0.5 to simulate the low

Back
Top Bottom