5.02 not as clean as 4.x?

jzucker

Experienced
Is it my imagination? My clean fender tones don't seem to have the headroom that they used to have. My clean fender jazz amp now sounds slightly overdriven. Nothing else has changed. I am considering recording it, switching back and recording it again to see if i'm imagining things...

I thought they went into distortion a bit easier myself, but I also moved my hum bucker a bit higher. All I did was back down input drive and all was good.

I have a Princeton preset where the drive is over 2. Using a guitar with Lollar Highwinds, I do get early break up. That allows me to dial back the volume just a touch for a perfect clean tone.

With Reilander RH2, I'm in clean territory with the volume up all the way.

Can you post your preset?

no, not hot pickups at all. PAF style pickups on all 3 of my archtops. Where should I post the preset? And in what format?

It's your imagination. There is no difference between 4.x and 5.x for the Fender models. The only models affected are those where Preamp Comp and/or Harmonics parameters are non-zero. Unless you altered those values from their defaults then the modeling is identical.

i went back and forth several times and I'm almost sure there something going on. The next step will be to record it.

i went back and forth several times and I'm almost sure there something going on. The next step will be to record it.

Re-amp it using the same dry track for both takes. I'll take Cliff at his word, though. The Preamp Compression and Harmonics for your preset are set to 0, so there should be no difference.

i just loaded your preset and it's clean here. i made some adjustments: you need to adjust input "trim", not input "drive". Here's your preset back with input trim adjusted to .5

Attachments

• BEST Jaz Clean II.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 11

You don't need to go "back and forth". Simply change the Modeling Version in the Advanced tab. All previous versions of the modeling are saved and can be accessed via the Modeling Version parameter.

It's worth mentioning that the modeling version in your preset is set to 4.x not latest.

DOH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom