Dandub20

I have been using the 4 cable method using the effects loop on a Hot Rod Deluxe III for awhile now with great results. I recently tried removing the loop block in my preset (replaced with a shunt) and going straight into the front of the amp through out one L. I hear no noticible difference in tone, effects, etc... Makes me want to do away with the other two cables and just go into the front of the amp. Should I be hearing a noticeable difference between these two methods? The Hot Rod takes modulation/timebased effects well into the front of the amp. Is this the reason why? Thanks a lot!

I can’t answer your question but curious if you use the amp and cab blocks into your hot rod fender?

I'm presuming you're running the Hot Rod clean if you can't really hear a difference. Effects loops are typically most effective in amps with moderate to high gain so time based or modulated effects can be added after the preamp (gain) section. This keeps the effects 'clean' rather than 'dirtied up' by the gain from the preamp. Going into the front of a clean amp typically doesn't add any distortion to the delayed or modulated signal.

I'm presuming you're running the Hot Rod clean if you can't really hear a difference. Effects loops are typically most effective in amps with moderate to high gain so time based or modulated effects can be added after the preamp (gain) section. This keeps the effects 'clean' rather than 'dirtied up' by the gain from the preamp. Going into the front of a clean amp typically doesn't add any distortion to the delayed or modulated signal.
Yessir. Using the clean channel only. That explains a lot. I used to play Marshall amps and would always use the effects loop, so out of habit, I’ve been using the loop on the hot rod as well with the 4cm. Also a small bit of hum from the FX loop even using humbuster cables, gate after the loop.... seems like it would clean things up to just go straight into the front of the amp since I’m not using the drive channels on the amp. Thanks a lot for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom