Reading about the 4CM I'm wondering if it's possible to:

Set it up as one long mono chain as such:

____axefx path1____
guitar--> axefx eq--> axefx wah--

-->my amps preamp-->my amps fx send --

_____________axefx path2_________________________
-->axefx amp-->axefx noise gate-->axefx delay, rev, chorus--

-->my amps fx return.

I think I read that you can, but will I be running my amp with just my amps tones if I set all of the axefx blocks above to bypass?

Will the 2 axefx paths be completely independent?

Will I be able to create a patch (say patch#1 as an example) that is my just amps tone (all axefx blocks bypassed)?

Will I be able to create other patches (patches # 2, 3, 4) enabling and tweaking the above axfx blocks (leaving amp block bypassed) and then be able to switch between my amp tone patch#1 and my-amp-with-axefx-effects patches #2, 3, 4 ?

If I switch my amp to clean setting and enable the axefx amp block, will I be able to create another patch#5 that still has the 2 independent axefx paths above, but effectively bypasses my amps preamp and uses the axefx amp block as the preamp?

Bottom line is I want to be able to incorporate my amps tones (that I'm used to) in a live setup as one of my axefx patches. One patch being just my amp. Other patches are my amp with axefx effects. And other patches where my preamp is replaced by the axefx amp blocks.

Sorry if this is cofusing.

here's something I drew up for another thread - it might be helpful

[attachment=0:2mpyqbjo]4cm.jpg[/attachment:2mpyqbjo]

I don't have an axefx yet. I'm still on the fence about whether it's for me or not. I know how to hook up the 4CM wires from my lurking. Your picture is much appreciated though, as it is miles better than my attempt at explaining.

I'm really after the answer to my questions. Can the people who use the 4CM live, answer the questions I posted about the capabilities of this setup?

My thinking is that if I can replace my pre- and post-amp effects with an axefx and still keep my amps tone, that is a viable baby step.
(I think I'm in a 12 step program to rid myself of tube addiction).

Id jump on one and try it. I was gonn use teh 4CM with my VHT. There are no VHT sims in teh Axe, and I love my tone - couldnt thik of not using it.

Then the axe arrived, I tinkered for a cople of weeks - and now my VHT is to bo sold - I DONt NEED IT !!

Just using a SS amp into my existing Speakers (that keeps the same tonal feel to the amp sims)

:D

Back
Top Bottom