3 years since I got my axe-fx II. maintenance?

Your lucky ive had problems with audio dropping out. My mfc101 comes up with 'timeout'
Other things that question the units reliability when playing live. Im not buying a backup. Too expensive!
But if it fails live im basically stuffed. Carrying around my head n cab defeats the purpose of getting an axefx. So im not entirely happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure about the reliability because i have spent just 3 weeks with my device before i sent it back but i have read/heard some problems that may have caused by the lack of controls at the factory..
we all read at this forum about;
-front input jack problems
-soft knob problems
-fan noise problems
-memory problems(including my device)
-freezing problems(the device won't turn on,freezes with the lights on)
those were all mentioned that happened on a new device.. I know there are hundreds of devices around working without problems, we often hear about the problems at the forum but i wish they do more detailed checks before the unit leaves the factory so that me or someone like me shouldn't have to wait another 45 days to receive a new one...I hope the new unit will work without problems. If not, i will give up...

Edit: sorry for writing a little off topic but i couldn't stop myself.

I am not sure about the reliability because i have spent just 3 weeks with my device before i sent it back but i have read/heard some problems that may have caused by the lack of controls at the factory..
we all read at this forum about;
-front input jack problems
-soft knob problems
-fan noise problems
-memory problems(including my device)
-freezing problems(the device won't turn on,freezes with the lights on)
those were all mentioned that happened on a new device.. I know there are hundreds of devices around working without problems, we often hear about the problems at the forum but i wish they do more detailed checks before the unit leaves the factory so that me or someone like me shouldn't have to wait another 45 days to receive a new one...I hope the new unit will work without problems. If not, i will give up...

Edit: sorry for writing a little off topic but i couldn't stop myself.

it's easy to forget that the box they let go of, is not the same box we lay our hands on - there's been a UPS / fedex worker dealing with the box in between:

If you think the devices affected on the transportation,the producer should be aware of the transportation process then....if they produce a device, they should be sure that it packed well to arrive to the customer as the same condition as it left the factory..I still remember the day i bought a yamaha digital battery, it took me 1 day long to unbox all the parts.
But, i am not sure it is about the transportation, i think quality control should be done seriously...

If you think the devices affected on the transportation,the producer should be aware of the transportation process then....if they produce a device, they should be sure that it packed well to arrive to the customer as the same condition as it left the factory..I still remember the day i bought a yamaha digital battery, it took me 1 day long to unbox all the parts.
But, i am not sure it is about the transportation, i think quality control should be done seriously...

hehe I was just kidding with that video. I've never had any bad experience with FAS shipping :)

Man i live in Turkey, the first day i paid for the device was november 4th, and the unit arrived to the dealer at December 18th...I have the chance to play it for 3 weeks and then i had to send it back..Now i am still waiting for more than 3 weeks to receive my new axe xl. It's still on the way..

Sorry for not getting it as a joke, but i hope you understand me..

I've had 3 guitar multi-effects processors over the past 10 or so years: the DOD VGS50 (oh god why), Boss GT-8 (<3 <3 <3), and now the AF2 Mark II. I've owned the DOD since the late 90s and the GT-8 since 2002 or something. They both work just as good as the day I got them and I've beat the ever leaving shit out of them at shows or just general wear and tear. I know this is probably comparing apples to oranges, but in my experience, guitar effects processor hold up extremely well. I've never had to clean them out or dust them out or anything. I used the GT-8 a LOT so I wipe it down with a Lysol wet-wipe once in a while from all the shoe dirt, but that's about it. I've racked my AF2 so it extra protected. I have a feeling that this will be the last digital effects unit I buy for a loooooonnng time.

It's a computer. But, since it's sealed, I wouldn't do anything unless it quacks.

Raises the question, yo.

Yeah, that's a little bonk.

Was my grammar just "corrected" on a forum, by someone who just used the word 'bonk' in a sentence?

BTW - FTFY :encouragement: lol

Was my grammar just "corrected" on a forum, by someone who just used the word 'bonk' in a sentence?

BTW - FTFY :encouragement: lol

'Begs the question' isn't grammatical, it's conceptual. You used it wrong.

And good vernacular is Art. Especially when someone introduces a new word in such fashion. Like I did.

And 'does quack' versus 'quacks' is a matter of vocal manner. Kind of a Southern inflection, there. Or perhaps more late 80s San Dimas...... (( I happened to watch Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure the other night, so the reference is handy.... ))

They make cans of "Keyboard" cleaning air you can find just about anywhere, even in Walmart I have seen them. This air should be clean and safe to use in blowing out the dust in our Axe FX II's...

'Begs the question' isn't grammatical, it's conceptual. You used it wrong.

And good vernacular is Art. Especially when someone introduces a new word in such fashion. Like I did.

And 'does quack' versus 'quacks' is a matter of vocal manner. Kind of a Southern inflection, there. Or perhaps more late 80s San Dimas...... (( I happened to watch Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure the other night, so the reference is handy.... ))

Ehhhhhhhhh...

Grammar Girl Kiiiiind of agrees with you, with the huge caveat that the general usage of the phrase has shifted.
Grammar Girl : Begs the Question: Update :: Quick and Dirty Tips â„¢

If the fan doesn't sound the same as it used to, it would be worth a note to Fractal support asking their recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom