3 ominous things said at the grammys

It is sad that making money as a talented musician, someone that really paid their dues and learned to play / sing, is really a hard road.

There are exceptions, but being a good local musician has turned into a labor of love and doesn't pay the bills for a lot of good deserving folks.

I've always had day jobs so I haven't felt the pinch like a lot of people.

But I will confess, I would love to be the featured guitarist on a Daft Punk tour or record. And you can bet at their shows there will be plenty of Betty's getting their freak on... just sayin :)

You're either a slow learner or deploying completely unrelated sarcasm.

Neither, you just can't keep your points straight apparently. I was referring to the post YOU JUST MADE continuing your DP/EDM tirade.

"This is a forum about playing guitar through the Axe-FX. We want to put out immortal tone in front of hot chicks, and get that audience love. That ain't gonna exist if all the gigs go to DJs/EDM producers and writers.

Maybe other guitar players here want to be a "feature" at a EDM dude's gig. I don't."

Your words. Right there. Sure as hell sounds like the same "rock is dead" doom and gloom I've been reading about for decades. It's DP now, in the 90s it was The Prodigy.

So, how about you try to keep track of your own posts at least before attempting to call other people "slow learner"

So, how about you try to keep track of your own posts at least before attempting to call other people "slow learner"
I said your were either a slow learner OR deploying unrelated sarcasm
Neither, you just can't keep your points straight apparently. I was referring to the post YOU JUST MADE continuing your DP/EDM tirade.
You're talking about post #38
So, by "ominous," what you really mean is rock n roll is dead?
Post #38 doesn't have the word ominous in it. I typed ominous in posts 1, 7, 30, and 39.

I'm done interacting with you. Go pick a fight with someone else.

Last edited:
The grammys are people working for the labels who make money selling recordings. Those workers vote for who wins. They voted/awarded grammys to artists who said…at the grammys...that they recorded label-free and with intent to give the music away. That's an ominous thing to say at the grammys.
If your implying that it's ominous for the current Grammy format then I'm all for it.
The thing I find sad & sadly lacking with the non-label format is that small independent artists are forced to record on small or non-existent budgets and as such much of the 'music' is nothing more then computer generated pablum because the artists are too poor to take a full live band into a proper recording studio and produce a well made recording, or they envision themselves as solo genius' who don't need anybody else which of course is another can of worms altogether. IMO there are a few artists in the world who can pull off true high quality recordings without major label backing but they are few and far between.
So in the end we're stuck between a rock and a hard place, major label mediocrity and non-label 'groups' who have to resort to gimmickry to try and be noticed on the "social media" scene which is IMO the very worst place to find quality music these days.

I just find it hilarious that the guy who played Little Enos Burdette in Smokey and the Bandit (Paul Williams) co-wrote two songs on the Daft Punk album that won album of the year. He was up onstage speaking for the robots during the acceptance. Not knocking they guy or Daft Punk at all. Just think it's weird and funny. :)
He's the president of ASCAP too.

Back
Top Bottom