2290 delay question right post delay at 0.0 = no delay?

monkjunior

HEy all wondering if im not getting something...
upgraded to 13.XX latest

was using 2290 delay.... not gettin any delay noticed that the right post delay is on 0.0ms.... no delay when i move it to 0.1 i get the delay no probs...

on other delay types say analog mono delay when right post delay is on0.0 delay comes through no probs... is this a bug or am i missing something...

NOTE this is done via latest axe edit.

any ideas... thanks
Dave

I forget the details- I'm sure a search could help, but I think the 2290 sends a stereo signal that is out of phase, so you're probably getting the left and right delay phasing each other out. If I remember correctly, I think there's a phase reverse switch or something like that under the advanced tab of the delay. Whatever it's set at now, reverse it.

HEy all wondering if im not getting something...
upgraded to 13.XX latest

was using 2290 delay.... not gettin any delay noticed that the right post delay is on 0.0ms.... no delay when i move it to 0.1 i get the delay no probs...

on other delay types say analog mono delay when right post delay is on0.0 delay comes through no probs... is this a bug or am i missing something...

NOTE this is done via latest axe edit.

any ideas... thanks
Dave

Are you running mono? This is from the wiki "The 2290/mod delay type has Phase Reverse set to Right. Because of this you'll hear no delay when the signal is summed to mono, due to phase cancellation."

I'm running stereo and also am not getting no sound at all from the 2290 on any preset that uses it. Other delay types work fine. I just posted it in the bugs section.

Solved the problem. Under the Tone/Duck tab for the 2290 the phase reverse was set to "right". I set it to "none" and the delay started working again.

that's fine, but you didn't actually solve the problem....which is that your signal path is being summed to mono at some point after the delay. if you change the 2290 for the ping pong, do you hear it bouncing from left to right?

that's fine, but you didn't actually solve the problem....which is that your signal path is being summed to mono at some point after the delay. if you change the 2290 for the ping pong, do you hear it bouncing from left to right?

Hi Simeon,

I discovered the problem was something else. Someone was playing around with the knobs on the mixer at rehearsal and turned all the pan knobs straight up including the channels my Axe FXII was plugged into, which I always set to hard left and right. I set my channels back to hard left and right and everything is fine. The 2290 now works even with the phase reverse set to "right". I checked and ping pong delays bounce left to right also. So all is good.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom